+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian tourist visa rejected for the reasons that were already provided in the application

Gumamela1984

Dec 18, 2017
I honestly think the multiple references to your fiance is what sunk this application. Anyway - what's done is done.

You'll need to declare this refused application in any future applications to Canada (and likely elsewhere). Failure to declare this refusal in a future application to Canada will result in a refused application and may result in a misrepresentation finding (which you want to avoid since it's a five year ban from Canada). A previous refusal doesn't mean you'll be refused subsequently. If you can overcome the refusals reasons - approval is entirely possible and we've seen lots of cases here where this has happened and individuals have been approved after refusals. If you want to hear these kinds of stories, your best bet is to read through historical threads in this section of the forum.

Forgot to address the first part, which is really interesting, do you mean to say that when I apply for my next Canadian visa I'll have to declare that I was refused in the past? and if I didn't it might result to misinterpretation and ban?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Forgot to address the first part, which is really interesting, do you mean to say that when I apply for my next Canadian visa I'll have to declare that I was refused in the past? and if I didn't it might result to misinterpretation and ban?
Yes. Correct.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you or anyone here really, have info (please not opinion) I would appreciate it deeply. Thank you and have a great day!
Hija, even the decision on your TRV was based on the opinion of the visa officer who assessed your file. It's still an opinion, but theirs is the one that actually matters.
If you really want to, you can order the case notes on your file (via someone with legal status in Canada or a third party).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

It is just surprising to me how this application is better than my first Canadian tourist application where I was granted with one but had a refusal this time.
Difference of opinion between the first officer that granted your visa and the second that refused. It's not really an exact thing.

Reactions: Bryanna

springblossom

Jan 9, 2018
Unfortunately the short answer to all of this is that your profile is too similar to the profile of others from your country of origin who have abused the Canadian visitor visa privilege in the past. In other words, you are being penalized for the past actions of others who did not follow the rules and overstayed their allowed visit.
It so heartbreaking that because of those "others" who abused not only the Canadian visitor visa privilege but also in other countries made a big impact to people like us who with all honesty in our application to visit, tour and have a short vacation in the country will be penalized by such irresponsible actions of those opportunists. :-(

Reactions: bluekyhle

candycone0969

May 21, 2018
Hi there

I have just received a refusal letter on a visitor visa to Canada here are the following reasons:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including

travel history

Purpose of visit

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Please help

Coconutmom

Oct 10, 2018
Hi. I just want to inquire on how to go about the process of applying a canadian visa from australia?

My brother, a philippine passport holder is on a student/graduate visa in australia for about 3yrs and he wants to apply for a trv. We is going for online application, he is wondering as to where the visa will be evaluated and if ever granted, where will he send his passport? The oresent Canadian consulate is closed in Melbourne and the next office satellite is in Canberra. Advise on this pls. Thank you!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi. I just want to inquire on how to go about the process of applying a canadian visa from australia?

My brother, a philippine passport holder is on a student/graduate visa in australia for about 3yrs and he wants to apply for a trv. We is going for online application, he is wondering as to where the visa will be evaluated and if ever granted, where will he send his passport? The oresent Canadian consulate is closed in Melbourne and the next office satellite is in Canberra. Advise on this pls. Thank you!
He's not going to send it directly to the visa offices. He'll have to send it to a VAC. The VACs in Australia are in Sydney and Melbourne. It is up to them to forward the passport to the visa office for TRV stamping.

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/australia/

This will all be explained in a link that will be given if his TRV is approved.