+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian study permit- proof of funds

Ibz2000

Feb 1, 2021
I will be applying for the Canadian study permit through the regular stream. I'd like to know how many years worth of tuition fee and living costs should I deposit/ show in my sponsor's bank account? 1 or 2 years?
It is a 4 year bachelor's program at the Memorial University of Newfoundland!

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I will be applying for the Canadian study permit through the regular stream. I'd like to know how many years worth of tuition fee and living costs should I deposit/ show in my sponsor's bank account? 1 or 2 years?
The Canadian immigration website says:
1 year of tuition + 10k for main applicant + 4k for second applicant (spouse) + 3k for every extra applicant (dependent children). All in C$.

You must provide bank statements of your last four months.

Reactions: Ibz2000

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,

As already advised, your sponsor needs to show one year of the sponsorship funds, but needs to demonstrate that funds for the subsequent years are readily available.

Given the length of your program and the high cost involved, you may want to offset the full first year of your tuition and have your living expenses in your personal account, except maybe the sponsor is a parent.

Follow GCMSWriters on Twitter and Instagram for free guide on Canada study permit.

Best of Luck

Reactions: Ibz2000