+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian student visa chances for pakistani

Shaahbaaz

Apr 27, 2018
Hello Everyone!
I am planning to apply for Bachelor of science in Nursing in Canada..I have got 64% marks in Fsc pre-medical and 78% in 10th ..appeared for IELTS test on 21st of April and result will be announced on 5th of May ...I am expecting at least 7.5 overall but i am sure i won't be less than 7.0 bands...My bank statements is 33000CAD...Tuition plus living expenses for a year equals to 20000CAD....
Bank statement is not four months old...My father is a farmer and he sold some agricultural land to finance my education...I'll be 18 years old on 13th May 2018...Fsc result was announced in September 2017..
after seeing all these details what can you say about my Visa chances ?
i am from Pakistan and i have heard that Canada is refusing almost every student visa that's why i am worried and thinking about going to Germany instead of Canada but language is gonna be an issue there..
Moreover i don't know much about the admission process too..I'd be thankful if anyone can help me bout this too...

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Nobody can tell you what the chances are because there is no such thing. You can't calculate this probability. Instead, I'll explain what the typical reservations are of a visa officer.

1) They are usually worried that the funds you are showing in your bank statement might be borrowed from someone and are not intended for your education. To demonstrate that the funds are intended for your education, you need to establish a money trail i.e. you need to show documentation that establishes that your father sold the land, the funds were transferred in an account and they have sat there for your education. Include this in the affidavit provided by your father.

2) You have the first year's expenses covered but VO will also check weather you have the capacity to fund the remaining three years of study. What this means is, you don't need to have the funds in your account but there are regular inflows of cash in that account that can support CAD20000 annually.

3) If your result will be out in September, then your admission will be conditional? I don't know much about this but I think they don't like conditional admissions. Search around this forum to see similar cases.

4) You need to explain i) why you want to study Nursing ii) how it'll benefit you iii) and considering the cost of Canadian education, how do you justify this expense?

5) try to get admission in a university and not a college. Visa officers don't like colleges.

6) Read this forum thoroughly. It is the biggest resource when it comes to study permit applications. There is more to a visa process than a list of documents. i don't know if its difficult or easy to get a study permit but I think a lot of applications are poorly prepared.

Shaahbaaz

Apr 27, 2018
Nobody can tell you what the chances are because there is no such thing. You can't calculate this probability. Instead, I'll explain what the typical reservations are of a visa officer.

1) They are usually worried that the funds you are showing in your bank statement might be borrowed from someone and are not intended for your education. To demonstrate that the funds are intended for your education, you need to establish a money trail i.e. you need to show documentation that establishes that your father sold the land, the funds were transferred in an account and they have sat there for your education. Include this in the affidavit provided by your father.

2) You have the first year's expenses covered but VO will also check weather you have the capacity to fund the remaining three years of study. What this means is, you don't need to have the funds in your account but there are regular inflows of cash in that account that can support CAD20000 annually.

3) If your result will be out in September, then your admission will be conditional? I don't know much about this but I think they don't like conditional admissions. Search around this forum to see similar cases.

4) You need to explain i) why you want to study Nursing ii) how it'll benefit you iii) and considering the cost of Canadian education, how do you justify this expense?

5) try to get admission in a university and not a college. Visa officers don't like colleges.

6) Read this forum thoroughly. It is the biggest resource when it comes to study permit applications. There is more to a visa process than a list of documents. i don't know if its difficult or easy to get a study permit but I think a lot of applications are poorly prepared.
Our earning is not that high I mean we can't earn 20kCAD per year but we do have more agricultural land worth of almost 100000CAD..what should i do?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Our earning is not that high I mean we can't earn 20kCAD per year but we do have more agricultural land worth of almost 100000CAD..what should i do?
Ok, then be honest, how will you actually afford it for 4 years? Total cost of program is 80,000 CAD, which is 80% of your land value. Is selling your agricultural land worth it for this degree? Remember, you don't have to convince me but the VO.

I'm not trying to be harsh but just trying to explain to you the situation. I'm not saying it's impossible but you know your situation better than anyone else on this forum, so try to explain that.

Reactions: Shaahbaaz

Shaahbaaz

Apr 27, 2018
Ok, then be honest, how will you actually afford it for 4 years? Total cost of program is 80,000 CAD, which is 80% of your land value. Is selling your agricultural land worth it for this degree? Remember, you don't have to convince me but the VO.

I'm not trying to be harsh but just trying to explain to you the situation. I'm not saying it's impossible but you know your situation better than anyone else on this forum, so try to explain that.
actually we sold a part of it for 33k CAD...remaining is worth of 100000CAD...My tuition fee is 10kCAD and with working part time for 20 hours per week i can easily cover my living expenses...that means i am lacking 7k CAD from tuition fee....my father will easily send it to me after some time

Syeda.Zainab

Feb 23, 2019
Can I print my online (PDF) of the bank statement to upload to the online application or do I need a hard copy from bank?

annfine96

Apr 26, 2019
  1. i want to apply for certification course in a canadian university in field of business but in am not aware in which universities to apply

i have scored 6.5 band in ielts where as 76% in matric and 68 % in my inter where as in BBa in scored 2.45 cgpa on the scale pf 4 and 3.1 in mba on scale of 4. i have done my master in june 2014 since then i am working and have a bank balance of 35 lakhs and i will be paying the fee in lump sum as the certification would be of one year. after that i would be coming back to Pakistan to resume my job after my studies. what are my chances for getting admission in fall 2018 and what about visa. will i would be able to get visa. my father will be sponsoring my education so the mention bank balance is his. will i get visa on time or do i have to wait can you suggest some university for business certiifcation programs with range of 15000 to 18000 canadian dollar and they accepted fee full not semester wise