+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Police Certificate

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
Hi,
I have no status at the moment and my husband is going to sponsor me to get PR. We are gathering documents and one of the requirements is police certificate/criminal record check from RCMP.
I called RCMP about requirements to get it and just got an automated message saying I have to bring 2 valid identifications: second category I can provide my passport, but first one is driver's license OR "S** (province) identification card with current mailing address & photo".
I don't have driver's license, so I am not sure what identification I should provide?
I am also worried about going to RCMP police to get criminal check due to my immigration status. No removal order ever sent to me so far.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi,
I have no status at the moment and my husband is going to sponsor me to get PR. We are gathering documents and one of the requirements is police certificate/criminal record check from RCMP.
I called RCMP about requirements to get it and just got an automated message saying I have to bring 2 valid identifications: second category I can provide my passport, but first one is driver's license OR "S** (province) identification card with current mailing address & photo".
I don't have driver's license, so I am not sure what identification I should provide?
I am also worried about going to RCMP police to get criminal check due to my immigration status. No removal order ever sent to me so far.
If you look at the checklist for spousal sponsorship as well as the guide, it says if your current residence is Canada and have been here form more than 6 months, then you don’t have submit a PCC (from Canada). IRCC will make the request for it on your behalf