+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport question

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
pie_vancouver said:
Why would they even ask for the weight?? what if you haven't seen your long time friend for 6months and you have gained like 30 lbs lol.
Silver77 said:
well this is the issue...You may change totally your hair,weight etc.. Do I have to send them my recent photo each month?

I dont understand all this work and bureaucracy.

Well, I guess you have to keep them updated or see them quite often if you want them to be your references. That's why I like to use people who I work with, they see me everyday!

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
wes786 said:
Well, I guess you have to keep them updated or see them quite often if you want them to be your references. That's why I like to use people who I work with, they see me everyday!

Well, you have to know them for 2 years. If you change your city ,you have to wait another 2 years..

steeles

May 7, 2014
Hi, All..
I have a question about Canadian passport. Smiley
In order to order Canadian passport, I have to find 1 guarantor and 2 references.
Gurantor must be a Canadian citizen who have known you at least 2 years and have to fill out
gurantor section in first page of application at free of charge.

What else gurantor has to do or fill out to complete?
Please help...
Thanks in advance!! ;)

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
when a person arrives Canada with a Canadian passport what difference it makes compared to PR card. I see both PR and Canadian citizen has to fill the immigration form and they are ask same question our last exit from Canada. even the queue is same for Canadian and PR holders.
as soon as you become a Canadian PR you get all the rights of a citizen except voting. why one should worry for quick receive of citizenship. This country has given immigrants all rights and this is one of the best country to live and work.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
blueshirt said:
when a person arrives Canada with a Canadian passport what difference it makes compared to PR card. I see both PR and Canadian citizen has to fill the immigration form and they are ask same question our last exit from Canada. even the queue is same for Canadian and PR holders.
as soon as you become a Canadian PR you get all the rights of a citizen except voting. why one should worry for quick receive of citizenship. This country has given immigrants all rights and this is one of the best country to live and work.
The main difference between a Canadian permanent residence and a Canadian citizen is the right to hold a Canadian passport and no residency obligation. Canadian citizens also have the right to vote. In addition, for those immigrants who wish to work for the federal government or run for political office, becoming a Canadian citizen enables you to do so. But more importantly, becoming a Canadian citizen is an important symbolic step. It shows to the community that one has embraced the values of the country and is committed to its future.

As a PR, should you commit a crime that deems you unworthy to live in Canada, you can be deported, even if you lived here for 50 years.

Reactions: Msjanjan and qorax

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
polara69 well said. :p

polara69 said:
The main difference between a Canadian permanent residence and a Canadian citizen is the right to hold a Canadian passport and no residency obligation. Canadian citizens also have the right to vote. In addition, for those immigrants who wish to work for the federal government or run for political office, becoming a Canadian citizen enables you to do so. But more importantly, becoming a Canadian citizen is an important symbolic step. It shows to the community that one has embraced the values of the country and is committed to its future.

As a PR, should you commit a crime that deems you unworthy to live in Canada, you can be deported, even if you lived here for 50 years.

steeles

May 7, 2014
Passport photo, guarantor just sign the photo? or also must write in "I certify that this photo is true
likeness of you" then sign? which one?
The reason I am asking is, in my passport photo, back of the photo, there is a date of photo taken and photo studio name, there are not enough space, to write "I certify that this photo is true likeness of you" to write. I am worry about this...

So.. Is it enough just to signature of gurantor of back of the photo without writing of
"I certify that this photo is true likeness of you" part???

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steeles said:
Passport photo, guarantor just sign the photo? or also must write in "I certify that this photo is true
likeness of you" then sign? which one?
The reason I am asking is, in my passport photo, back of the photo, there is a date of photo taken and photo studio name, there are not enough space, to write "I certify that this photo is true likeness of you" to write. I am worry about this...

So.. Is it enough just to signature of gurantor of back of the photo without writing of
"I certify that this photo is true likeness of you" part???
nope you have to find way to write those wording in the back of the photo

steeles

May 7, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
nope you have to find way to write those wording in the back of the photo
So if my name is James, the gurantor should write
"I certify that this photo is true likeness of James", then signature??
Is that all??

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steeles said:
So if my name is James, the gurantor should write
"I certify that this photo is true likeness of James", then signature??
Is that all??
if your name is james yes but you have to add the surname

then sign by your guarantor, you need only 1

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Hello,

I assumed all the new citizens are under this topic. There was an another topic couple months ago, mentioned about
the new rules about the citizenship.

So if the person not born in Canada and had citizenship after immigration. Is there anyway to lost the citizenship?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^fraud in getting citizenship, terrorism/criminal acts

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
I am not asking for my self. Asking just for general info,

once you get your citizenship, immigration office still search if there is any fraud during citizenship application?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Could you please let us know how many days it takes for normal processing of Canadian Passport to arrive home after its submission in passport office??