+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport question

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Polar69,

As the other member mentioned one of the main advantage is you cannot be deported for any stupid crimes EX: you walk out witha chapstick from walmart and arrested for theft etc.....Now with Bill c24 the laws has changed and its better to apply ASAP. Atleast you dont need to worry about every silly things.....Am not asking you to break the law....but i think i was extremely careful for every single thing...After citizenship you can relax a bit

N

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi, Anyone on this forum have an idea of which questions are asked to the guarantor.
Thanks in advance

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi, Anyone on this forum have an idea of which questions are asked to the guarantor.
Thanks in advance
How do you know him? how long have you been know him? how tall is he? what is his eye color? how much does he weight ? when did you sign his application? What is his employment status? etc.

This sort of questions are asked.

Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
How do you know him? how long have you been know him? how tall is he? what is his eye color? how much does he weight ? when did you sign his application? What is his employment status? etc.

This sort of questions are asked.
Thank you..however what if the gurantor is not sure about birthdate...will that create a problem

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Thank you much appreciated....sorry another question, my gurantor does not answer cell when at work and refused to have a call come in to office...are these questions automated so he can call back and answer or is there a live person calling and asking

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thank you much appreciated....sorry another question, my gurantor does not answer cell when at work and refused to have a call come in to office...are these questions automated or is there a live person calling and asking
Live person. And you better `replace` your guarantor with a more amicable one. Not responding to PC`s calls could* be a red flag, which`d delay your passport. They`d usually try thrice. And in any case that delays the process.

*Note the word ~could be~. It might be a non-issue as well

Reactions: ddavidd1

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Thank you much appreciated....sorry another question, my gurantor does not answer cell when at work and refused to have a call come in to office...are these questions automated or is there a live person calling and asking
It is a live person and from what you are saying is true then there is not point of having him as a guarantor. Lol

Its better to actually have someone as a guarantor who can answer the questions incase if they call.

Reactions: qorax and ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Live person. And you better `replace` your guarantor with a more amicable one. Not responding to PC`s calls could* be a red flag, which`d delay your passport. They`d usually try thrice. And in any case that delays the process.

*Note the word ~could be~. It might be a non-issue as well
Yes, i might have to do that, my present gurantor is a project manager and mostly in meetings all day...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Yes, i might have to do that, my present gurantor is a project manager and mostly in meetings all day...
Here is my part of story, I submitted my passport application on 22nd August 2018(Last Wednesday) around 1:10ish pm at Toronto Downtown Passport office. They called my Guarantor around 2:00 same day, and today I received my passport. Which I think was pretty Quick. So Yes as Qorax said if they cant confirm your identity then it might delay your application.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
It is a live person and from what you are saying is true then there is not point of having him as a guarantor. Lol

Its better to actually have someone as a guarantor who can answer the questions incase if they call.
Here is my part of story, I submitted my passport application on 22nd August 2018(Last Wednesday) around 1:10ish pm at Toronto Downtown Passport office. They called my Guarantor around 2:00 same day, and today I received my passport. Which I think was pretty Quick. So Yes as Qorax said if they cant confirm your identity then it might delay your application.
That was fast..I think its best to ask someone else to be a guarantor....this person as i know would have never answered...

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
My friend applied the end of July after her oath taking. She put my name as her guarantor but nobody phoned. Days later she received her passport :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
this person as i know would have never answered
My guarantor is a cop. Always on duty and busy as hell. However, I've told him to pick up any call (from the time I apply), whatever his condition maybe. Else, I'll kick him out from our Band-of-Brothers :D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
My friend applied the end of July after her oath taking. She put my name as her guarantor but nobody phoned. Days later she received her passport :)
For standard applications there's a 50:50 chance of guarantor's call. For express/expediated applications there's a 100% chance.