+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
How many days after CC charge should we call to request the tracking number for the passport and the certificates? My CC was charged on 11-Feb.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
yes you can. use Foxit PDF reader.
Why it takes for ever to download this software from the company's website? I aborted the download 3 times because it says it will take more than an hour to download and I have 50 Mbps download speed

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Why it takes for ever to download this software from the company's website? I aborted the download 3 times because it says it will take more than an hour to download and I have 50 Mbps download speed
I downloaded from Microsoft Store App for windows. It was ok from there.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Sharing my timeline here:

Application sent (Canada Post): Jan 6th
Application received: Jan 7th
Credit card charged: Jan 18th (Varennes)
Status request sent on website: Feb 3rd
Status request reply: Feb 7th (approval, would be mailed shortly after)
Passport and certificate received: Feb 14th by Xpresspost

No more stress for 10 years now, happy it's all done! Good luck everyone.
Did they call the guarantor/references?

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Just got my child's passport in the mail but yet to receive her original birth certificate back. Is that normal?

Timelines below:
Mailed in : Jan 10 (from Burlington, ON)
Delivered : Jan 12 (at Gatineaux)
Passport Fee charged: Jan 28th)
Passport received: Feb 03rd
Birth certificate not yet received.
Closing the loop on this. Birth certificate came in on Feb 10th. All set now

fbc2017

May 15, 2017
This just happened to me. Forgot to write my name on the back of the stamped photo and they had to send back the application for it to get fixed.
?
hi, how long did it take them to return to you your application from the time you have mailed your application? I believe we are in the same case.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
I had no problems downloading it. It did not take much time.

Jennieqw

Feb 15, 2022
Hello this question if for a friend of mine he is traveling next week Monday he called them requesting to transfer the file to local office on last Monday this week today he get a call from an agent asking him to come to office tomorrow with piece of ID and proof of travel(hotel booking) and he will pay extra fees, this issue is he forget to ask if he will get the passport tomorrow directly or he will wait again few day later?, caller was no caller ID no number to call back can anyone help from the people who did this.
Hi, did your friend already have his CC charged before he requested the transfer?

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
So I tried to call yesterday but the line said 200 people so I hung up. But this morning I got a reply from the online status, saying I need to call the number provided to update cc. So I called and looks like visa debt is not allowed and only credit cards are excepted. Which is strange cause I thought on the application it stated they were allowed. But I updated my cc with the agent and hopefully should get charged soon!!

Reactions: M.Wagih