Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
It will most likely not be returned and processed.
You sure about it I have the same issue missed my name on the back of the photo but signed and stamped

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
It will most likely not be returned and processed.
It won’t be returned as I did the same mistake. My Guarantor signed it on the back but I forgot to write my name. 2 weeks back when I called they said file is still received and will go under examination and they gave me the File number. Today I called to find out what’s the status and they informed me that my file has been approved and passport has gone for printing and will be dispatched soon.

• Love
Reactions: abdisarockstar

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am preparing to fill my passport applications, and I have two questions. I appreciate if anyone can answer them
  • What we choose: Canadian Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization in sec 4.B? I thought both are the same
  • They ask for at least one ID as a proof of identity. I am thinking to use my health card, which contains everything they ask for (photo, name, date of birth, ...etc). But in the application there are two fields for the IDs. Does this mean they'd prefer if I provided 2 IDs?

Denela

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
App. Filed.......
04-25-2016
AOR Received.
05-13-2016 SA Received...: 07-24-2016
File Transfer...
07-25-2016 AOR2 Received: 07-29-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Exam
Med's Done....
03-23-2016 Passed
Interview........
Waived. God is great.
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-18-2016 ⭐
LANDED..........
01-14-2017
Finally I got my passport today! :D

Here is my passport application timeline:

• Passport mailed via Xpresspost Canada Post: January 19, 2022 (Regular - Single applicant)
  • Passport received in Gatineau, QC: January 24, 2022
  • Credit card charged on: February 2, 2022 ($160.00)
  • Guarantor received call on: February 9, 2022
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship received on: February 11, 2022 (old passport received on this day as well)
  • Canadian Passport received via courier on: February 16, 2022

Good luck everyone!

Please take note of the following:

Does passport Canada calls the guarantor:

There might be a possibility that your designated guarantor would receive a call from passport Canada. It is because your guarantor “guarantees” your identity. So make sure your guarantor knows you well enough to confirm that the information you have given in your application is true.

Does passport Canada calls the references:

Generally no, but in certain cases they will call. One applicant had to get an urgent (next day) passport replacement and they called that applicant's references.

Last edited:
A

abdisarockstar

It won’t be returned as I did the same mistake. My Guarantor signed it on the back but I forgot to write my name. 2 weeks back when I called they said file is still received and will go under examination and they gave me the File number. Today I called to find out what’s the status and they informed me that my file has been approved and passport has gone for printing and will be dispatched soon.
That's such great news. Will keep my fingers crossed. It was delivered 8 calendar days ago but no CC charge yet so I was thinking it's gonna get sent back because of the missing name. Let's see. Thanks for sharing

action.me

May 7, 2021
I am preparing to fill my passport applications, and I have two questions. I appreciate if anyone can answer them
  • What we choose: Canadian Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization in sec 4.B? I thought both are the same
  • They ask for at least one ID as a proof of identity. I am thinking to use my health card, which contains everything they ask for (photo, name, date of birth, ...etc). But in the application there are two fields for the IDs. Does this mean they'd prefer if I provided 2 IDs?
Canadian citizenship certificate. If you read 4.B it will tell you it doesn't apply to you.
Only one ID like a firearms license or driver's license, I have never seen a health card with a photo....

action.me

May 7, 2021
Exactly that.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Canadian citizenship certificate. If you read 4.B it will tell you it doesn't apply to you.
Only one ID like a firearms license or driver's license, I have never seen a health card with a photo....
In Quebec health cards have photos on them. I know other provinces' don't. Thanks for answering

Reactions: diana98

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Finally I got my passport today! :D

Here is my passport application timeline:

• Passport mailed via Xpresspost Canada Post: January 19, 2022 (Regular - Single applicant)
  • Passport received in Gatineau, QC: January 24, 2022
  • Credit card charged on: February 2, 2022 ($160.00)
  • Guarantor received call on: February 9, 2022
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship received on: February 11, 2022 (old passport received on this day as well)
  • Canadian Passport received via courier on: February 16, 2022

Good luck everyone!

Please take note of the following:

Does passport Canada calls the guarantor:

There might be a possibility that your designated guarantor would receive a call from passport Canada. It is because your guarantor “guarantees” your identity. So make sure your guarantor knows you well enough to confirm that the information you have given in your application is true.

Does passport Canada calls the references:

Generally no, but in certain cases they will call. One applicant had to get an urgent (next day) passport replacement and they called that applicant's references.
Is this a new passport or renewing old one because you mentioned old passport returned?

Denela

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
App. Filed.......
04-25-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Exam
Med's Done....
03-23-2016 Passed
Interview........
Waived. God is great.
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-18-2016 ⭐
LANDED..........
01-14-2017
Is this a new passport or renewing old one because you mentioned old passport returned?
It is an application for a new passport. When I did my passport application, I provided them my previous passport as my travel document.

I believe it is required to include your previous passport in your application provided that it is not yet expired. Also, there is a box that you can check if you want them to return to you your travel document.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It is an application for a new passport. When I did my passport application, I provided them my previous passport as my travel document.

I believe it is required to include your previous passport in your application provided that it is not yet expired. Also, there is a box that you can check if you want them to return to you your travel document.
I believe this old (Canadian) passport or travel document for renewal to cancel them. You don't have to provide them with your other passports from other countries

Denela

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
App. Filed.......
04-25-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Exam
Med's Done....
03-23-2016 Passed
Interview........
Waived. God is great.
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-18-2016 ⭐
LANDED..........
01-14-2017
I believe this old (Canadian) passport or travel document for renewal to cancel them. You don't have to provide them with your other passports from other countries
I didn't renew my passport. I applied for a new one because I became officially Canadian Citizen recently. One of the required documents you need to include in your passport application is a travel document. Obviously, my travel document is my previous passport. I don't get it why it's too hard to comprehend, no offence.