+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
General question: when you mail-in your passport application, what's the "Issuing Authority"/Place of Issue that shows up on the passport? Would it say Gatineau? I know if you apply in person it has the local passport office's city for Issuing Authority/Place of issue.

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
I have applied for main-in passport service.. I may need to go USA by driving car...though not emergency work. Can I ask them to transfer to local office and get it in person?
What all documents I need to show and what is the best way to contact them?>

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hi dears,

April 2019 Applicant here. I am joining the quest for the Passport as my Oath was done 2 days ago.

Two questions are in my mind after I reviewed the application process
1 - Can my wife who is a Citizen since 3 months ago be my Guarantor.
2 - Is In person application faster than Mail in as per the recent experience in this group.

Thanks in advance...

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
Hi dears,

April 2019 Applicant here. I am joining the quest for the Passport as my Oath was done 2 days ago.

Two questions are in my mind after I reviewed the application process
1 - Can my wife who is a Citizen since 3 months ago be my Guarantor.
2 - Is In person application faster than Mail in as per the recent experience in this group.

Thanks in advance...
1- Wife Can't be a guarantor.
2- In-Person applications are only accepted if you are traveling within next 25 business days and have proof of travel in shape of airlines ticket. Otherwise you have to courier the application to Passport Canada

Reactions: bpjeee

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
1- Wife Can't be a guarantor.
2- In-Person applications are only accepted if you are traveling within next 25 business days and have proof of travel in shape of airlines ticket. Otherwise you have to courier the application to Passport Canada
Where did you read that spouse can't be guarantor?? Here is the the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#guarantors

Spouse cannot be your reference, but they can be your guarantor:
"You need a guarantor for your travel document application. As long as they meet these requirements, your guarantor can be anyone, including a family member or member of your household. "

Gabriella942

Feb 9, 2022
Did you ask for the tracking number or they send it to all applications (I assume they ask for the email in the application)?
No, I used the standard request status of my passport application form online (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx) so I couldn't ask for the tracking number specifically. It just happened that they just mailed it for me. They won't contact you at all regarding the status of your passport application. You have to contact them by either using this form or call them to know the status.

Reactions: CaBeaver

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Hello this question if for a friend of mine he is traveling next week Monday he called them requesting to transfer the file to local office on last Monday this week today he get a call from an agent asking him to come to office tomorrow with piece of ID and proof of travel(hotel booking) and he will pay extra fees, this issue is he forget to ask if he will get the passport tomorrow directly or he will wait again few day later?, caller was no caller ID no number to call back can anyone help from the people who did this.
how did you friend contact them???

franixsouq

Jun 20, 2014
Application received on 27th jan
Got charged today
Means AAllok ? Asking since every step in this journey :D

Also have a question, for passport application for a 2month old and 2 years old , is passport photo required.?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Also have a question, for passport application for a 2month old and 2 years old , is passport photo required.?
Yes, and the photo has to match the normal specifications - straight on, no expression. It's no easy task with a 2 year old, much less a 2 month old, speaking from experience.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/photos.html

Child photos must follow the same rules as standard passport photos. They must show your child's head and shoulders only. Parent's or child's hands must not appear in the photo.

For newborn babies, the photo may be taken while your child is sitting in a car seat, as long as:

• a white blanket is placed over the seat behind their head
  • there are no shadows:
    • around the ears
    • in the background
    • on the face or shoulders
  • you write “I certify this to be a true likeness of (child’s name)” and sign the back
We recognize the difficulty in getting a neutral expression from your newborn. We do allow some range for infant facial expressions.

Reactions: franixsouq

kri2020

Sep 30, 2021
Today my citizienship journey is complete. Just received my passport with citizienship certificate on the same envelope. It was expresspost with signature from canada poste. So in total 16 business days!

So i mailed my application from Montreal on january 18.
They received it on january 20.
Credit card was charged on february 2nd from Calgary passport office.
Received a phone call from Calgary regarding my forms to clarify some information and was told that gatineau is spreading the work with other provinces. Since they are overloaded!

ps: little note my citizienship certificate took 1 month to be delivered and the agents on the phone aren’t reliable . They confirmed to me , it was mailed in december actually according the envelope was mailed 1 day after i sent a follow up with montreal office we’re i received the oath invitation. Since at the time i was in need for proof of status here in canada with another application in hand . Attached some screenshots to prove my inquiry. Never received a response just the automatic one. But they did read my email since on the envelope the postage stamp was the next day of my email.

For those asking in other threads they deliver the certificates on the mailbox (Via Canada Post)
without signature on my case.

Good luck everyone and hopefully your journey will done soon.
For me it was 2 years in total.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Mailed in date: Jan 25
Delivered in Gatineau: Jan 27
CC charged: Feb 11

How do I request tracking# for my citizenship certificate and passport?

Reactions: diana98

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Where did you read that spouse can't be guarantor?? Here is the the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#guarantors

Spouse cannot be your reference, but they can be your guarantor:
"You need a guarantor for your travel document application. As long as they meet these requirements, your guarantor can be anyone, including a family member or member of your household. "
Thanks

it seems so to me also i.e. the spouse can be your gurantor but not a reference. Just to be safe I will request my friend to be my gurantor. I am just want to be cautious and this journey to end...

Waiting for the cerrtificate.