+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Is there a way to track the passport and the certificate being returned?
call them and they will give you a tracking number you have to wait until the tracking is activated and Canada post received the passport and certificate Toll free: 1-800-567-6868

Reactions: aaq94

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi
I havent search any info about my question, just asking you guys right away,

I have to apply for my new born 1 month old and 2.5 year old passport , does both of my kids needs to get passport done?
There's no real urgency if you are not travelling, but if I were in your shoes, I would get their passports ASAP.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Still no CC charge!! From everything I see here, majority of applicants get cc charge 10 days after. Application was delivered Jan 25th. I did the online status thing on the 10th business day but no response yet. Should I call Monday and see what is going on?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

Quick question, do we have to send our application via Canada post or could it be any other service provide ( FedEx, DHL, etc)??

Second question, I need to apply for Me, my wife and kid. Can I send all 3 applications in a single package or they have to be sent separately?

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Question a - yes there's no restriction on guarantors as family members
Question b - I believe they have to be citizens since they must hold a valid Canadian passport which cannot have as a PR
Question c - shouldn't be a problem, but I imagine might make it more likely they review things a little closer
@astha87

Question b - Your references do not have to be citizens. They do not even have to be PRs. They do not even have to be here in Canada. They just have to have known you for at least 2 years and agree for you to use them as references. They should also be easily reachable (so it is advisable to use someone in the same time zone who is easily reachable on phone).

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So, I was trying to prepare my passport application, with the information I already have, but apparently I cannot save the application and continue it later, which means I have to fill it at once when I have all the information. Is this right?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
So, I was trying to prepare my passport application, with the information I already have, but apparently I cannot save the application and continue it later, which means I have to fill it at once when I have all the information. Is this right?
yes you can. use Foxit PDF reader.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

Quick question, do we have to send our application via Canada post or could it be any other service provide ( FedEx, DHL, etc)??

Second question, I need to apply for Me, my wife and kid. Can I send all 3 applications in a single package or they have to be sent separately?
You can use any courier service or Canada Post. When you complete the application you will find the page with addresses, there is one for courier services and one for Canada Post, depending on the province where you live.
I don’t know about family applications, but it might be also indicated in the application form instructions whether you can put it in one envelope.

gbonator

Jun 4, 2020
Sharing my timeline here:

Application sent (Canada Post): Jan 6th
Application received: Jan 7th
Credit card charged: Jan 18th (Varennes)
Status request sent on website: Feb 3rd
Status request reply: Feb 7th (approval, would be mailed shortly after)
Passport and certificate received: Feb 14th by Xpresspost

No more stress for 10 years now, happy it's all done! Good luck everyone.

ellynguyen

Oct 17, 2013
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
(PER) 25-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
2016-04-15
Med's Done....
2016-05-01
Interview........
Hope to be waiver
Passport Req..
2016-06-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-07-15
LANDED..........
2016-09-27
Hi,

Yesterday, I submitted my passport application through Canada Xpresspost, but I wrote courier address on the envelope. Is it okay ?
I sent the application with Canada Xpresspost with courier address (Canada Post staffs printed the address for me) and it was delivered on the following day, no problem