Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Application Sent: 11th August, 2020
Application Delivered: 13th August, 2020
Passport Tracking Details received: 11th Sept, 2020 (After asking for it)
Passport Printed: 16th Sept, 2020
Passport mailed: 17th Sept, 2020
Passport received: 21st Sept, 2020
Citizenship Certificate Tracking Details received: 21th Sept, 2020 (After asking for it)
Citizenship Certificate Return mailed: 21th Sept, 2020
Citizenship Certificate Received: Waiting (Currently in transit at Winnipeg per Canada Post tracking)

Cheers!
Did the passport office call your guarantor or references?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Was your guarantor/ reference called?
Did the passport office call your guarantor or references?
Calling the guarantor is very random and only a minority of applicants’ guarantors or references are called. Still I would recommend to be prepared with the expectation that you will be called. So ensure the people whose names
you put in know what to expect

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Asking for a friend:

The passport application PDF form is read-only after re-opening it for edit. He filled it partially and saved it yesterday hoping that he can re-edit the form again. But it seems the passport application PDF showing a long message 'This document enabled extended features ....' and all fields are read-only.

is there any solution to this issue to edit the form after re-opening without that warning message? Thanks.

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Asking for a friend:

The passport application PDF form is read-only after re-opening it for edit. He filled it partially and saved it yesterday hoping that he can re-edit the form again. But it seems the passport application PDF showing a long message 'This document enabled extended features ....' and all fields are read-only.

is there any solution to this issue to edit the form after re-opening without that warning message? Thanks.
This also happened to me. Reopening the pdf using acrobat DC did the trick for me.

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
This might be a stupid question but I went to Staples today to get my passport photos done and they added the « I certify this to be a true of likeness » stamp on the back for the guarantor to sign.

On the website it says the guarantor has write the sentence down and sign. Am I okay with the stamp and signature or should I ask my guarantor to write the sentence?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
This might be a stupid question but I went to Staples today to get my passport photos done and they added the « I certify this to be a true of likeness » stamp on the back for the guarantor to sign.

On the website it says the guarantor has write the sentence down and sign. Am I okay with the stamp and signature or should I ask my guarantor to write the sentence?
you’re okay. That’s how it is supposed to be. The guarantor is supposed to write your name and sign

Reactions: Ellasky

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

No that's fine. The guarantor can simply sign the back of the photo. The guarantor doesn't necessarily have to "write" those words.

Reactions: Ellasky

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

A lot of passport photo places affix the stamp by default. They wouldn't continue to stamp it that way if it wasn't going to be accepted. It is definitely easier than struggling to write a long sentence in a tiny space.

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
He is using the latest Acrobat DC Reader. But still it is in read-only mode even after opening with DC. is there any step he is missing?
Is he using the paid version? I was able to reopen the file using the paid DC version and fill out everything

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Is he using the paid version? I was able to reopen the file using the paid DC version and fill out everything
Oh got it. He is using free DC reader version. I guess he needs to fill it in without closing and take a printout. If he closes, then he need to re-fill it again.