+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Application received July 09th. Was informed today that my application is also being processed in Whitby. No CC charged yet.
It depends on when was your transferred/received in Whitby. If it was week of July 19th then there are high changes that you might see the CC charge (in pending transactions) in next couple of days . Otherwise it may take a week or so.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
I called for an update on my passport today. Was told the following:

1) Received on 8th July. Entered in the system but they haven't started working on the application. No CC charge yet.
2) Average processing time is now 20-30 business days + mail time.
You might want to call sometime next week to know about the office which is processing your passport. Although processing time should be similar for most of the offices, but might vary depending upon the workload of respective office.

Reactions: CCAI2021

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
You might want to call sometime next week to know about the office which is processing your passport. Although processing time should be similar for most of the offices, but might vary depending upon the workload of respective office.
I did ask for that. Mine is St. Catharines

cash247

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Has anyone applied for the Canadian passport at any of the passport offices in Calgary using the walk-in service? Which office did you go to and what was your experience?

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
If at the time of applying for passport, I have 40 days to board on a plane, can I apply for urgent processing or can I only apply for normal processing?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If at the time of applying for passport, I have 40 days to board on a plane, can I apply for urgent processing or can I only apply for normal processing?
If you can walk-in to a passport office, try asking for "Express Pickup". The processing time for Express Pickup is 2 - 9 business days. I don't think you can ask for "Urgent Passport" if you have 40 days left to travel.

Reactions: yasir22

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I am preparing my application for passport. I would need to fill out "additional information address and occupation" form as I had multiple addresses in the last 2 years. I would like to know what to write in the "File number" field at the top right corner of the form? Thanks and appreciated

abt81

May 11, 2015
Hi everyone. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of an issue with my child's passport application. My kid is born in Canada and the paper application was delivered on July 6th (with her birth certificate and pictures). My credit card was charged on July 23rd so I was hoping I would get the passport by the end of this week or after the long weekend.

Yesterday evening our guarantor (wife's relative) called us and said that she got a call to verify details on the application a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, she thought it was not legitimate and asked them for a number to call back - which they provided. The number provided goes to a voice mailbox that seems to belong to 'Passport Canada' but it is currently full and not able to take any new messages.

I guess the guarantor should keep trying and hope some space is freed up in the mailbox eventually? Appreciate any advice.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Hi everyone. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of an issue with my child's passport application. My kid is born in Canada and the paper application was delivered on July 6th (with her birth certificate and pictures). My credit card was charged on July 23rd so I was hoping I would get the passport by the end of this week or after the long weekend.

Yesterday evening our guarantor (wife's relative) called us and said that she got a call to verify details on the application a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, she thought it was not legitimate and asked them for a number to call back - which they provided. The number provided goes to a voice mailbox that seems to belong to 'Passport Canada' but it is currently full and not able to take any new messages.

I guess the guarantor should keep trying and hope some space is freed up in the mailbox eventually? Appreciate any advice.
Happened to my friend, she didn’t even find a guarantor and left that space blank, she still got her passport in the end

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Looks like everyone’s CC who’s application was delivered on July 5 or before was charged, mine still hasn’t… like what the hell. And now we are running into the stupid long weekend again

treasuredone

Feb 25, 2016
Happened to my friend, she didn’t even find a guarantor and left that space blank, she still got her passport in the end
Wow! This is an interesting case. Can you please share how she successfully did that without completing the guarantor's column on the application form?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Wow! This is an interesting case. Can you please share how she successfully did that without completing the guarantor's column on the application form?
It is very likely that she filled out the "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form". Otherwise, the application would have been considered incomplete.