+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I am preparing my application for passport. I would need to fill out "additional information address and occupation" form as I had multiple addresses in the last 2 years. I would like to know what to write in the "File number" field at the top right corner of the form? Thanks and appreciated

Sorry posting again...

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I am preparing my application for passport. I would need to fill out "additional information address and occupation" form as I had multiple addresses in the last 2 years. I would like to know what to write in the "File number" field at the top right corner of the form? Thanks and appreciated

Sorry posting again...
I think file number gets created at the time of data entry into the system and they themselves will enter it so I would just leave it blank. Do some more research or ask other members as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: taherkhan

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
I think file number gets created at the time of data entry into the system and they themselves will enter it so I would just leave it blank. Do some more research or ask other members as well.
Thanks. Yes, I agree with that. The only reason I was confused is because in the form, it let's us type the file number which was weird. So I thought to confirm as if it was to be filled by them, the form wouldn't let us type. But definitely, since there's no file number for the application yet, so I also believe it would be filled by them at the time of receipt/data entry. Thanks :)

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi all, does the $160 fee for 10 year passport also covers the cost of the mailing charges for mailing the passport and citizenship certificate back to us from IRCC? Thanks

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Wow! This is an interesting case. Can you please share how she successfully did that without completing the guarantor's column on the application form?
My friend is an interesting person. She just said *uck, I don’t have time for this bs and left the guarantor part blank as she knew no one who could be her guarantor (weird I know), because of that they did call both of her references, none if them picked up but eventually one of them called them back somehow and it all worked out… my friend said that she couldn’t find the 3rd person and she did get her passport in the end… I do not recommend anyone doing what she did…

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
My friend is an interesting person. She just said *uck, I don’t have time for this bs and left the guarantor part blank as she knew no one who could be her guarantor (weird I know), because of that they did call both of her references, none if them picked up but eventually one of them called them back somehow and it all worked out… my friend said that she couldn’t find the 3rd person and she did get her passport in the end… I do not recommend anyone doing what she did…
did she mail the application for walk-in? I guess if she did walk-in, she might be turned back for that.

treasuredone

Feb 25, 2016
Interesting case. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Tess90

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Asking for references and guarantor even though the application has a citizenship certificate that is given by the government, has an ID copy that is given by government, shows that IRCC does not trust itself nor the system. In reality, in 3 years you can really know someone very well for 2 years.. especially in Vancouver :) can't even make friends let alone finding a person to be a reference for a passport application.

I don't have anyone so I will send that section empty.

Reactions: matlal and bpjeee

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Do minors need to be accompanied by adult for in-person application? OR parent can submit application without minor under 10y?

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Just called again (they received my application on July 5)
I feel like July was the worst time to apply (I can't believe I am running into the same problems as I did with my citizenship application)
Currently because of the ease of restrictions they are experiencing serious delays...She said it's still in examination but they don't need any extra documents or anything like that
She advised to call back in 2-3 weeks
I have to travel end of September

Any of you have their application processed at Mississauga office? Well, hopefully, at least the mailing time will be quick

Last edited:
Reactions: Bachar and issteven