+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
@Wash an My CC got charged today. Here's my updated timeline:

July 3rd: Application Sent via regular mail (from Toronto)
July 7th-9th: Application Received (Estimate no tracking)
July 20th: Applicated Opened/added in the system
July 27th: CC Charged
Best of luck. Hopefully you'll get your passport by next week.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Got back my citizenship certificate via Xpresspost crammed in my mailbox today (so much for "signature required"), plus a checklist of returned documents indicating my passport will be/has been delivered via courier. Hope to get that in the next few days then.
My passport application , Canada Post tracking shows in transit for the last one week. It should have been delivered a week ago. No response from Can post as to where the expresspost is? Oops...guess all the originals are Gone in the wind..

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
My passport application , Canada Post tracking shows in transit for the last one week. It should have been delivered a week ago. No response from Can post as to where the expresspost is? Oops...guess all the originals are Gone in the wind..
I made the same mistake by sending documents through canadapost. I sent it on 2nd July form Toronto and delivered on 12th July (should have been delivered 5th July). They still have excuse of covid.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oh no. Best case scenario it was delivered successfully and tracking just failed to update. Try to contact Passport Canada to confirm they did get it?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Foe those who submitted applications by walking into passport office, do they check your complete application at the time of submission and return you back your citizenship certificate on spot or they just take everything from you and later check everything ?