App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Thanks all for your contributions so far - have been extremely helpful!

I called Passport Services yesterday; started at #120 and took ~50mins to get to the front of the line - there was a message every 2mins or so to let me know where I was in the queue. The lady that helped me was very patient and kept apologising for keeping me waiting whenever she needed to put me on hold to check on some information or the other. My passport is "in production" she said, and she gave me my file number with the suggestion that I call back in 10 days to get my tracking number. My kids' applications, however, needed further documentation - their birth certificates that were issued in our home country because they were not born in Canada (don't remember seeing that in the requirements, but could have missed it); she gave me their file numbers and the address to send the original documents to (Kelowna, BC - I'm in the GTA and the applications were delivered to Gatineau, QC on Jun 28th) with the promise they will be returned along with their citizenship certificates.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks all for your contributions so far - have been extremely helpful!

I called Passport Services yesterday; started at #120 and took ~50mins to get to the front of the line - there was a message every 2mins or so to let me know where I was in the queue. The lady that helped me was very patient and kept apologising for keeping me waiting whenever she needed to put me on hold to check on some information or the other. My passport is "in production" she said, and she gave me my file number with the suggestion that I call back in 10 days to get my tracking number. My kids' applications, however, needed further documentation - their birth certificates that were issued in our home country because they were not born in Canada (don't remember seeing that in the requirements, but could have missed it); she gave me their file numbers and the address to send the original documents to (Kelowna, BC - I'm in the GTA and the applications were delivered to Gatineau, QC on Jun 28th) with the promise they will be returned along with their citizenship certificates.
I dont think the original birth certificate was required. Photocopy should have been enough.

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Yup, in Toronto. And walk in, no appointment needed.
Thanks good to know pls let know the timings . I mean on the IRCC website specified as 8.30 AM 4 PM for passport offices . So walk in during this period should be fine I guess

Last edited:

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I think the format has changed. On mine there's no signature anymore. There is only a space for you to sign your name.
thanks for the info. i think your PP is very new too...

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I have no idea what’s going on, they received my application on July 5
I called a week ago, they said that my passport is scheduled to be mailed on August 3 but my CC still hasn’t been charged

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
I called a week ago, they said that my passport is scheduled to be mailed on August 3 but my CC still hasn’t been charged
maybe charging cc is the final step? did they start processing for free?

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
did they check your file or did they just spit out Aug 3 based on your date saying July 5?

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
did they check your file or did they just spit out Aug 3 based on your date saying July 5?
They checked my file and said that they are planning to mail my passport on August 3rd. They did say that this date is not set in stone but she didnt see any notes of my file that I am missing anything…I will be calling again this week for sure