+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Mine was delivered July 8th. Called today. Apparently the file is in the system, so I got a file number, but it hasn't even been checked for completeness, let alone be processed. Was told to check again after the 20 business days (from delivery).

Reactions: Wash an and yxl_yyz

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Mine was delivered July 8th. Called today. Apparently the file is in the system, so I got a file number, but it hasn't even been checked for completeness, let alone be processed. Was told to check again after the 20 business days (from delivery).
Yea I called on Monday was told the same thing. Too bad we missed the reopening of the passport offices.

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Yea I called on Monday was told the same thing. Too bad we missed the reopening of the passport offices.
Haha hindsight is 20/20. Tbh don't know why I'm concerned so much about the speed of processing; I don't think I'll be doing any international travel for months lol Maybe need to take a break from this forum and the comparisons that comes with it lol

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Haha hindsight is 20/20. Tbh don't know why I'm concerned so much about the speed of processing; I don't think I'll be doing any international travel for months lol Maybe need to take a break from this forum and the comparisons that comes with it lol
I think it's because we as old PRs tend to prefer to have valid travel documents on our hand to prove our identity. For me at least, didn't feel the journey is over until I had my passport in hand - not necessarily that I would be travelling somewhere. It just feels... complete - with my passport in hand.

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
I think it's because we as old PRs tend to prefer to have valid travel documents on our hand to prove our identity. For me at least, didn't feel the journey is over until I had my passport in hand - not necessarily that I would be travelling somewhere. It just feels... complete - with my passport in hand.
I have immediate family members that don't live in Canada and people like me know there's always a chance that we will some day have to go back to our home countries in a short notice for any reason. So having a valid passport will save me from any trouble (when returning to Canada). But I'm happy the journey is almost over though!

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi, may i know what is the contact number to reach for passport?

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
a different question.
i noticed that the new passport I received yesterday for my wife does not have her signature on the photo page (page 3).
my sons canadian passport has his signature printed on page 3 to the right of his photo.
Is this normal...

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
a different question.
i noticed that the new passport I received yesterday for my wife does not have her signature on the photo page (page 3).
my sons canadian passport has his signature printed on page 3 to the right of his photo.
Is this normal...
I guess so. Adult passport does not have names - you do the signature.

Reactions: bpjeee

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a different question.
Is this normal...
Do you mean on the bio page? It should have the signature you put in the thick box on your application (which said make sure to sign within the box)

link:

Reactions: bpjeee

abt81

May 11, 2015
Applied for my daughter's (born in Canada) first passport. The application was delivered on July 6th and CC was charged today (July 23rd).

Reactions: Wash an