+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I don’t know why we do such complex process for passport application. We already are Canadian
To prevent fraud and identity theft.

My home country requires in person appearances for every passport application and renewal, also because fingerprints are required every time for biometrics.

I like the option of mailing in and using guarantors and references, and you only have to show proof of citizenship the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: btoronto

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

My home country requires in person appearances for every passport application and renewal. I like the option of mailing in and using guarantors and references, and you only have to show proof of citizenship the first time.
Well, in my country, references AND appearing at the passport office are both mandatory. :) . But I do understand why because I have seen an incident happen at the passport office in-person.

We were waiting to be interviewed by an officer in the passport office in India and someone's wife (front of us in the line) told some inconsistent story about her husband and the officer found out that her husband has been traveling abroad with a second Indian passport. Having 2 valid passports at the same time is a crime. The officer strictly told the lady that if the husband doesn't appear in-person at the passport office, then she will have to escalate it and possibly revoke the passport. I guess to avoid these types of malpractices, they want people to appear in person.

Reactions: bellaluna

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014

My home country requires in person appearances for every passport application and renewal, also because fingerprints are required every time for biometrics.

I like the option of mailing in and using guarantors and references, and you only have to show proof of citizenship the first time.
To get a new passport for my home country from abroad I need to mail the fee in an envelope, in cash. It's as shady as it gets lol.

I'd take the Canadian passport application process any day.

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019

what? It is impossible that you can get fraud citizenship certificates. At least Canada passport can confirm this with IRCC

kvijay_cbe

Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 08th 2016
Does the Canadian Passport adult and Child Forms - pptc153 and pptc155 generate QR code at the Top ? is that mandatory .
I noticed the QR code for Child Form , when i downloaded but not for the adult form .Now when i re-did the Child form its not appearing either.
Is this some sort of PDF issues or has the forms changed?

Thanks
VJ