+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah looks like the entire passport office went on holidays at the same time lol. I think these days it’ll be done closer to 2-3 weeks after the CC charge. I imagine also more applications coming in as more oaths are administered plus other citizens applying for renewals.
I guess your and my application is stuck at the same stage. Keep us posted this week if you receive something or you call them back again. I will do the same. I am hoping may be we will get some update this week. fingers crossed.

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello, do i need reference and gurantor for my kids to get passport. We recently got our citizenship. Please what steps to need to obtain the passport for them.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Reactions: bellaluna

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah looks like the entire passport office went on holidays at the same time lol. I think these days it’ll be done closer to 2-3 weeks after the CC charge. I imagine also more applications coming in as more oaths are administered plus other citizens applying for renewals.
Hey, are you planning to call them again this week to see if there is any movement.? I was hoping to hear something this week.. looks like this week also going to be another waiting week. :(

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey, are you planning to call them again this week to see if there is any movement.? I was hoping to hear something this week.. looks like this week also going to be another waiting week. :(
No I never called and do not plan to contact them unless it’s been unreasonably well past 20 business days, which isn’t until the end of the month for me. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: carl321

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
App sent: June 2, 2021
App received: June 4, 2021
CC Charged: June 11, 2021
Called Passport Canada and got the tracking number: June 30, 2021
Passport shows delivered: July 2, 2021 but there was nothing in my mailbox. Raised a ticket with Canada Post and Passport Canada and they were going to look into this. Canada post called me on July 9, 2021 and said they haven't found my package yet and they will continue to investigate.

Finally yesterday some kind soul living 1 block away knocked on my door and handed me my package containing Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate. I still cannot believe why Canada Post will deliver a signed for package containing such sensitive documents to a totally different address and shove it in mailbox.

I am relieved that I got my passport and certificate. I hope the process of getting the passport goes smoothly for everyone.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
App sent: June 2, 2021
App received: June 4, 2021
CC Charged: June 11, 2021
Called Passport Canada and got the tracking number: June 30, 2021
Passport shows delivered: July 2, 2021 but there was nothing in my mailbox. Raised a ticket with Canada Post and Passport Canada and they were going to look into this. Canada post called me on July 9, 2021 and said they haven't found my package yet and they will continue to investigate.

Finally yesterday some kind soul living 1 block away knocked on my door and handed me my package containing Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate. I still cannot believe why Canada Post will deliver a signed for package containing such sensitive documents to a totally different address and shove it in mailbox.

I am relieved that I got my passport and certificate. I hope the process of getting the passport goes smoothly for everyone.
This is absolutely ridiculous. Delivering a passport to a wrong address and that too shoving it in the mail box is beyond abysmal. I'm glad you received your passport without any issues.

Congrats and all the very best!

Reactions: amyn27

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Hello everyone,
Where are passports sent from? I sent my son application to Gatineau on June 14. I called yesterday and was given tracking #. When I track it, it coming from Mississauga. Although tracking stuck at item accpeted. I thought passport will be sent from Gatineau?
I know it does not matter where it comes from. Just wondering

chefbigdog

Jul 9, 2021
Hello everyone,
Where are passports sent from? I sent my son application to Gatineau on June 14. I called yesterday and was given tracking #. When I track it, it coming from Mississauga. Although tracking stuck at item accpeted. I thought passport will be sent from Gatineau?
I know it does not matter where it comes from. Just wondering
What’s your timeline?

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Passport tracking shows item accepted with expected delivery date unavailable. It is been like since yesterday. Is it normal with Canada post now a days?
Pls share experience