+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Maybe not relevant to this thread. But does anyone know if urgent passport processing is available at this time?
I know they give you a number to call on their website, but curious if anyone has actually done it recently.
Asking because I will need to urgently visit a family member, but not due to illness.
It's still open and you follow the process on the website. Make sure you meet all the requirements, have required documents like itinerary etc.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

Do I need to fill all sections in the application even the inapplicable ones, like previous last names?
Can I just leave them blank or should I write "NA"?

Thanks,

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Hi Guys,
What does passport been approved mean? I Sent web form last week and I got above reply today.
When I called few days later, I was told it is still in proces.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: called to see if they have a tracking since cc was charged last week. Agent said they haven’t even started processing it and cc charge doesn’t mean they are working. However she was able to verify they are going to work on it soon and and to call back around July 20th week to get the tracking info if they have one available at that time they would give it to me. She said they do have a backlog.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
New Entry: First post in this thread. Happy to join the passport line now. Application sent yesterday and delivered today. Wait starts for next 4 weeks.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Update: called to see if they have a tracking since cc was charged last week. Agent said they haven’t even started processing it and cc charge doesn’t mean they are working. However she was able to verify they are going to work on it soon and and to call back around July 20th week to get the tracking info if they have one available at that time they would give it to me. She said they do have a backlog.
That is odd. When the CC gets charged it usually means it has been checked by the passport officer. Mine was charged on a Monday, received a tracking number for certificate on Wednesday and passport on Thursday, and everything arrived that Friday. You should get something by next week.

A019624

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is exactly the same situation for my application as well. CC charged last week June 29th and called them yesterday and they said its still in progress and being reviewed. :(
Looks like its common to lot of people now due to summer vacations delays.