Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Do they send a tracking number on a web enquiry or do we have to cal them.
My CC was chaged June 25 and 2 web queries since just state it is in porcess,..:rolleyes:

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
That is odd. When the CC gets charged it usually means it has been checked by the passport officer. Mine was charged on a Monday, received a tracking number for certificate on Wednesday and passport on Thursday, and everything arrived that Friday. You should get something by next week.
Are the tracking numbers sent on the email automatically or did you call/submit online request?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is exactly the same situation for my application as well. CC charged last week June 29th and called them yesterday and they said its still in progress and being reviewed. :(
Looks like its common to lot of people now due to summer vacations delays.
Yeah looks like the entire passport office went on holidays at the same time lol. I think these days it’ll be done closer to 2-3 weeks after the CC charge. I imagine also more applications coming in as more oaths are administered plus other citizens applying for renewals.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I’d still gladly take this over my home country’s BS, which required in-person appearances every time (and still does). You can imagine everything went to hell because of the pandemic.
Oh wow, that's quite excessive.

On a fair note, I think one of the biggest reasons that passport processing is slowed down is because many people probably have started renewing their expired ones and/or new Canadians getting new ones, given the border may open up any time. This delay can last for some time imho.

Reactions: bellaluna

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
My CC was chaged June 25 and 2 web queries since just state it is in porcess,..:rolleyes:
They also provide tracking number if available. Best is to call and check the status.

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
My CC was charged on June 25. When I called on July 6, I was given tracking number for certificate. The tracking number is not active yet for certificate. I was told they prepare the envelope to return certificate and don't mail it right away

Last edited:

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are the tracking numbers sent on the email automatically or did you call/submit online request?
I asked them this question and the lady said no you have to call or submit a web query. It’s kinda stupid they should just send an automated email once the package is sent. It’s GoC office so not surprised ‍♂

Reactions: CCAI2021

chefbigdog

Jul 9, 2021
My CC was charged on June 25. When I called on July 6, I was given tracking number for certificate. The tracking number is not active yet for certificate. I guess they prepare the envelope to return certificate and don't mail it right away
When was your application received?

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
My CC charged on June 25 as well. I called on July 6 and was given tracking# for certificate. Tracking did not activate until today when I called to inquire I wad told document is prepared but it is not mailed until later in the process.

Reactions: bpjeee