+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Anashima

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I just got a call from a “No caller ID” and i knew it was Passport office calling.
He asked to fill a fresh form (guarantor signature and everything else), new photos, travel proof and a visit to Harry Hays building.
Transfer fee and express fee is waived, only $20 pick up fee will be charged.
Hi! I went to Harry Hays today. I notice that they didn't do transfers for people who applied in person just asked them to re-apply. That is so frustrating. Head there early because line was very long. They also said that they will honor more first come first serve but still prioritize appointments and travel within 48h. I got there at 5:15 and was 7th in the line. Got to the processing room at 8:55 and it took another 2h there.

Reactions: Radium

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Updated as follows:
Mail in application with no travel date filled
Application sent: 2022-03-21
Application received: 2022-03-23
CC charged: 2022-05-26
Citizenship Certificate received: 2022-05-30
Passport Received: Hopefully soon

For some reason I received my citizenship certificate back separately from my passport, which I still haven't received. I did receive a response to a question I had sent April 20th ( Response received May 22 ) telling me that my application was approved, my passport was in production and it would be mailed soon.

I have no idea why they didn't just wait just a little longer and send the certificate and passport together in one envelope :rolleyes:
I would prefer to get my passport and certificates in separate envelope. Imagine having everything is the same envelope and Canada post somehow lost the envelope, you will have no passport and no certificate.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
With transfer or without a transfer you still have to fill out a fresh application, provide new photographs and rest of the stuff.

I called on two separate days and i was able to get thru an agent and asked for a transfer.

Alternatively, you can go to passport office directly if you cannot get hold of call center agent.
Don’t forget photos and other documents like your ID, citizenship certificate, payment proof, travel proof/hotel booking, hand written authorization if traveling by car.

I went thru this today, it took about an hour, but since i had transfer in place, i was served ahead of walk-ins.
Good luck buddy!
Your experience has been very helpful my friend .

Reactions: Radium

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Are transfers still only allowed within 10 days of travel only or can we request the transfer further out ?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I would prefer to get my passport and certificates in separate envelope. Imagine having everything is the same envelope and Canada post somehow lost the envelope, you will have no passport and no certificate.
I mean that’s basically the situation I’m in now…no passport and no certificate lol

Bobble

May 26, 2022
Right, I shouldn't complain since now I can get back in to Canada without too much fuss. Just that it's been over 2 months at this point and seeing the Xpresspost envelope I thought it was all over. If the passport was in there too then I could finally put this long immigration process to bed.

Oh well, it shouldn't be too long now

Reactions: Deedle and Das67

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Are transfers still only allowed within 10 days of travel only or can we request the transfer further out ?
You can ask for a transfer at any time, however passport office will only call you for in-person visit, close to your travel date.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi! I went to Harry Hays today. I notice that they didn't do transfers for people who applied in person just asked them to re-apply. That is so frustrating. Head there early because line was very long. They also said that they will honor more first come first serve but still prioritize appointments and travel within 48h. I got there at 5:15 and was 7th in the line. Got to the processing room at 8:55 and it took another 2h there.
Mine was processed this afternoon, it took me 1 hour.
I just have to go there again tomorrow to pick up my passport.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
That's crazy. Conference room upstairs was full of people when I left. Maybe they work through it fast I guess.
The upstairs waiting area was still quite full when i was there, since i had transfer, I was prioritized over walk-ins.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Right, I shouldn't complain since now I can get back in to Canada without too much fuss. Just that it's been over 2 months at this point and seeing the Xpresspost envelope I thought it was all over. If the passport was in there too then I could finally put this long immigration process to bed.

Oh well, it shouldn't be too long now
when did you apply, i applied on 31st march in person at canada post still havnet received the passport.
Its well over 2 months now.