+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Feb 23, 2018
My case - (application for baby)
Mail received -April 12th
Phone call received from unknown number - April 15th. Didn't answer
CC charged - May 9th.
Second time phone call received -again a weird number with +234 series - didn't answer asI getplenty of spam calls.

No progress there after. I'm assuming this will take aother 1-2 months.

Question - will they send the passport and BC by mail back to my home address or it goes for a pickup at my post office?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
So it looks like people tend to have their CC charged anywhere from 3-5 weeks after they send in their application based on people's timelines.

My application is coming up on 2 months since it was received and still no CC charge. Cant get through on phone despite repeated attempts. No idea if they have even received it. Should I be contacting MP to ask them to get me an update?

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's an update.

So I called them today and the agent said there is no sign of passport file even being touched at this moment, so what he suggested me is to transfer the file to my local office and I agreed to that and he typed something in the system and said local office will call me within a week and expect to provide proof of travel and pick it from local office with $20 fee. He also said there is no guarantee that local office will call.

Now I don't know how to provide them proof of travel i.e. tickets, when there is no guarantee of passport delivery.

My timeline> Passport not received yet.

"Application sent March 30
Application received April 1
CC charged April 26"
Date put on travel date: May 25
Application filed as non emergency
Option chosen: 26 business days or more!

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Here's an update.

So I called them today and the agent said there is no sign of passport file even being touched at this moment, so what he suggested me is to transfer the file to my local office and I agreed to that and he typed something in the system and said local office will call me within a week and expect to provide proof of travel and pick it from local office with $20 fee. He also said there is no guarantee that local office will call.

Now I don't know how to provide them proof of travel i.e. tickets, when there is no guarantee of passport delivery.

My timeline> Passport not received yet.

"Application sent March 30
Application received April 1
CC charged April 26"
Date put on travel date: May 25
Application filed as non emergency
Option chosen: 26 business days or more!
my timeline is similar as yours , i applied on March 31st at Service Canada.
I called today for an update and they told me same thing that nothing has been done on my file and suggested to have it transferred if any travel dates.

Agent also told that once they pick up the file they process it within 2 days , not sure how long we have to wait to get our passports as its already almost 2 months.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my timeline is similar as yours , i applied on March 31st at Service Canada.
I called today for an update and they told me same thing that nothing has been done on my file and suggested to have it transferred if any travel dates.

Agent also told that once they pick up the file they process it within 2 days , not sure how long we have to wait to get our passports as its already almost 2 months.
I also don't have any travel dates. I randomly put May 25th on application. Not tickets booked yet. The agent asked for travel date and i said since its already may 25th so I think I will travel by June 9th and he said expect a call within a week and local office will print passport before june 9th. Now I am worried how to provide proof of travel.? Should I book a ticket?

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
I also don't have any travel dates. I randomly put May 25th on application. Not tickets booked yet. The agent asked for travel date and i said since its already may 25th so I think I will travel by June 9th and he said expect a call within a week and local office will print passport before june 9th. Now I am worried how to provide proof of travel.? Should I book a ticket?
Book a hotel in Boston and see you are driving

Reactions: delray55

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But why are you going through all this hassle if you don't have travel plans? You may still have to stand in queue for some time depending on location.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they check if ticket is valid? Maybe you could book the ticket and cancel it within 24h just to have a proof?
I don't think they check it.
Hopefully they don't check the ticket for someone cancelling under 24 hours. And next day you find out your passport is cancelled and blacklisted. That would be a nightmare.

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But why are you going through all this hassle if you don't have travel plans? You may still have to stand in queue for some time depending on location.
I am in a hurry now.
Only waiting for the passport, Once I get it, I am booking ticket for the next day and flying.

vis9486

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018( upfront)
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
just a quick update.
passport application sent to Mississauga office on March 26
Processing officer called me on May 19 and verify my birth city.
He said, he is going to process my application, and send out for printing after. CC charged today May 24
As per his word, roughly 2-3 weeks will take.

Reactions: bajpaideepak81
Apr 4, 2022
just a quick update.
passport application sent to Mississauga office on March 26
Processing officer called me on May 19 and verify my birth city.
He said, he is going to process my application, and send out for printing after. CC charged today May 24
As per his word, roughly 2-3 weeks will take.
When your cc was charged?

chpraveen52

Star Member
Jul 23, 2016
Update:
Baby passport application mailed to Gatineau from Mississauga.
Mail Delivered on March 11th
CC Charged on April 5th.
May 16th Both References got call from passport office.

Reactions: abc012