+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

DJN

May 21, 2022
Dear Friends,
please share the number to contact the customer service to know the status of my passport.

best time to reach them and any tips to connect directly without listening to IVR options

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Whats your status? Did you called them?
No, I actually sent them a website request about 3 weeks ago I guess, nobody replied. Did you call them?
I was thinking to call them, but not sure if it will help and what I've seen, you have to wait about 1.5hr on the phone to reach them.

Last edited:

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
My 2 cents, folks who need passport urgently and can make a visit to local passport office should not wait on last minute file transfer to local office.

Passport office is only charging $20 pick up fees and waiving other expedited charges if it’s already over 25 business days and you have a valid travel itinerary.
How close do the travel plans have to be to have the file transferred if you’re over the 25 days already?

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like they do not respond to online request.

I sent 1st request 15 days ago, no reply.
I sent 2nd request 5 days ago, no reply.

so online request doesn't work. Calling them is only option.

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Dear Friends,
please share the number to contact the customer service to know the status of my passport.

best time to reach them and any tips to connect directly without listening to IVR options
The number is on their website:1‑800‑567‑6868
There is no better time really. I managed to get through three times on different days/times. Just keep calling until you get through: it can take anywhere from 10 to +80 calls in a row to get through in my experience.

Invicta

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Looks like they do not respond to online request.

I sent 1st request 15 days ago, no reply.
I sent 2nd request 5 days ago, no reply.

so online request doesn't work. Calling them is only option.
Same here. Requests of status update were unanswered.
Applied on March 7 and still waiting.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I had sent an ATIP request to Passport Canada under the privacy act and they sent back screenshots of their processing. Important take aways was that the screenshots were taken on 10th May and last update was from 20th April (day of credit card charge). So 20 days and no movement on the file. Who knows if there has been any other processing since the screenshots were taken. They had put application received date as 23rd March 2022 and 'expected completion date' as 22nd April 2022 - what a joke. The application status said 'Ready to Examine'.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per latest news govt has hired 600 employees for processing of passports. However training of 12 weeks will be required before they start working.

Humble request to those who are not traveling soon to keep patience. That way those who have travel plans may get their passports on time. Contacting them again & again will only take resources out from already stretched system. They are facing unprecedented number of requests.

Samrahim8488

May 6, 2022
The number is on their website:1‑800‑567‑6868
There is no better time really. I managed to get through three times on different days/times. Just keep calling until you get through: it can take anywhere from 10 to +80 calls in a row to get through in my experience.
I think there is more success between 10-02 pm

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Hello Anyone apply for a passport renewal in May 2022 by mail to Quebec office? Also Do Passport call you if your credit card have a problem? I lost my CC after mail in the application