+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
THOSE PEOPLE WHO TRANSFERED THEIR FILE VIA PHONE TO LOCAL OFFICE,

you guys need to go to local office and inquire. I got surprise when I went to check on my status in person. They said they have not transfered my file yet. Usually when u transfer via phone they basically email local office and tell them that you are interested and thts it. i have 3 buisness days left hence the local office let me in whitout being in line and they transferred my file while I was there. Now I am getting my daughter’s passport on a day prior of traveling in the evening.

Please go in person for transfer if u have few days left and dont rely on what people on phone says. System is broken and nobody follows up.
I'm going to try that next week if they don't call me.

jo5huamartin

May 19, 2022
Hi all! I'm extremely stressed (as many other people are) about this whole passport canada situation. I travel on Jun 8th and have yet to receive my passport. Here is my timeline:

Applied in person March 18th
Trip June 8th

I called passport canada and they said my file is under examination? I was told to wait until 10 business days before the trip and then transfer the file?
I'm confused about what transferring the file means/does and when I should expect my passport. Any experience or advice would help as I am really stressed. What should I do to ensure I get my passport before June 8th?

Chu Chu

May 19, 2022
THOSE PEOPLE WHO TRANSFERED THEIR FILE VIA PHONE TO LOCAL OFFICE,

you guys need to go to local office and inquire. I got surprise when I went to check on my status in person. They said they have not transfered my file yet. Usually when u transfer via phone they basically email local office and tell them that you are interested and thts it. i have 3 buisness days left hence the local office let me in whitout being in line and they transferred my file while I was there. Now I am getting my daughter’s passport on a day prior of traveling in the evening.

Please go in person for transfer if u have few days left and dont rely on what people on phone says. System is broken and nobody follows up.
Did you get back the original document when you got the passport?

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Hi all! I'm extremely stressed (as many other people are) about this whole passport canada situation. I travel on Jun 8th and have yet to receive my passport. Here is my timeline:

Applied in person March 18th
Trip June 8th

I called passport canada and they said my file is under examination? I was told to wait until 10 business days before the trip and then transfer the file?
I'm confused about what transferring the file means/does and when I should expect my passport. Any experience or advice would help as I am really stressed. What should I do to ensure I get my passport before June 8th?
I don't want to freak you out even further but I am flying on May 30th and have not received my passport either. I requested a transfer to my local office last week and have not had any call from them either. Apparently, most of us get it last minute (as in the day before your travel).
Requesting a transfer means that it will be urgently processed by your local office who will call you to verify you are truly travelling within ten business days and will tell you to come and pick it up.

Bbbjjjhhh

Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

Can anyone in this group can help me,
I applied for Passport , March 24 at service Canada and didn't receive the passport yet. Also, I called today at Passport Office and ask them to transfer my file but they advise they cant do that. I told I have emergency and I need to fly but they said your file is not even in the system that they cant even transfer my file.

is there anyone in the group face same situation and receive the passport, please advise what I can do now. Or anyone who has knowledge about this please help

Thank you in advance !!

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
visa exempt- decision made 16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
anyone know how long it takes to receive passport after they call guarantor?

Samrahim8488

May 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

I applied for Passport , March 24 at service Canada and didn't receive the passport yet. Also, I called today at Passport Office and ask them to transfer my file but they advise they cant do that. I told I have emergency and I need to fly but they said your file is not even in the system that they cant even transfer my file.

is there anyone in the group face same situation and receive the passport, please advise what I can do now. Or anyone who has knowledge about this please help

Thank you in advance !!
what doesnthentracking info said, when did they revived tour application?

Reactions: delray55

Samrahim8488

May 6, 2022
I don't want to freak you out even further but I am flying on May 30th and have not received my passport either. I requested a transfer to my local office last week and have not had any call from them either. Apparently, most of us get it last minute (as in the day before your travel).
Requesting a transfer means that it will be urgently processed by your local office who will call you to verify you are truly travelling within ten business days and will tell you to come and pick it up.
i dont want fo freak you out. But there is possiblity they never call. Them transfering to local office doesnt mean local office has accepted. When I went in person, lady said if u wait for file to be accepted u might not get on time so do u want me to expedite that would be 20$ more and I was like, hell yes. I would not wait for them to call if it is only 2 days left.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance !!
when is your travel date?
do you have ticket?
you can try new application at passport canada office. probably your package is not opened or not received?

Blue003

Sep 11, 2021
Mailed: April 3
Received:April 5
CC charged: April 30 (Varennes 2)

No update till now. Called passport office and after 1.5 hours waiting on the call managed to speak to a representative and said it may take another 2 months to get it done due to load.

This is unbelievable and they still mention on their website 20 business day to complete. This is what I call real misrepresentation.

Last edited:

chris921.long

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys, for passports issued after a transfer to the local office, how long did it take for you to get your birth certificate or citizenship certificate mailed back from the Passport Program Office? I've waited for 3 weeks after getting my passport but still haven't got my certificate mailed back. Thanks.