+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
what the F guys! i applied for passport on Mar 15 and still no passport, when i called, they say its still under investigation.
anyone else applied before mid March still waiting ? or am i the only 1 ? is there anyway i can speed things up or get more info on my application?
the agent said everything in my application looks fine, just that they cannot give me a timeline since they have a huge number of applications.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what the F guys! i applied for passport on Mar 15 and still no passport, when i called, they say its still under investigation.
anyone else applied before mid March still waiting ? or am i the only 1 ? is there anyway i can speed things up or get more info on my application?
the agent said everything in my application looks fine, just that they cannot give me a timeline since they have a huge number of applications.
Most of us (I applied March 11, CC charged April 18), not sure if you heard but there are lots of delays, at least they are hiring more people to handle it. Do you have a trip soon or any other reason why they would speed up yours?

spenwall

May 19, 2022
Just wanted to add my timeline. It was because of the thread that I got my passport the day before my trip May 20th, 31 business days after they received my application. I had to request a transfer to my local office, which is still a 3 hour drive from my house, but at least I can go on my trip now. They only charged me $20 for the transfer/pickup fee, and waived any express fees.

- Application Sent: March 30, 2022
- Application Delivered: Apri 5
- CC Charged: April 30
- Called to Transfer: May 12 (5 business days before I needed it)
- Got Transfer Approval call from local office: May 17 (3 business days after requesting transfer)
- Passport Printed and Picked Up: May 19

Reactions: Radium

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Service Canada has hired 600 new employees specifically to support the processing of passport applications, opened more dedicated passport intake counters in over 300 Service Canada Centres, opened additional processing hubs, and created a new workload management and processing technology to increase efficiency, all while meeting health protocols. Service Canada continues to hire and train more employees, and teams at the passport office, processing and call centres are working overtime every day and on weekends to increase processing capacity. This includes opening select Service Canada Centres on Saturdays for passport service.

awesome news!!!! :D

Reactions: aacan

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Quick Facts
  • From April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021, Service Canada issued 363,000 passports. From April 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, this number grew to 1,273,000 passports issued, with over 960,000 being issued between September 1, 2021, and March 31, 2022.
  • Service Canada expects to receive 4.2 million passport applications during the 2022–23 fiscal year.
  • In April 2021, approximately 69,000 applications were received, compared to 261,000 applications in April 2022.
  • Since April 1, 2022, Service Canada has issued 210,219 passports.

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Just wanted to add my timeline. It was because of the thread that I got my passport the day before my trip May 20th, 31 business days after they received my application. I had to request a transfer to my local office, which is still a 3 hour drive from my house, but at least I can go on my trip now. They only charged me $20 for the transfer/pickup fee, and waived any express fees.

- Application Sent: March 30, 2022
- Application Delivered: Apri 5
- CC Charged: April 30
- Called to Transfer: May 12 (5 business days before I needed it)
- Got Transfer Approval call from local office: May 17 (3 business days after requesting transfer)
- Passport Printed and Picked Up: May 19
Which local office? I asked for a transfer on the 12 as well (flying out on the 30th of this month) and I have not had a call yet.

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Most of us (I applied March 11, CC charged April 18), not sure if you heard but there are lots of delays, at least they are hiring more people to handle it. Do you have a trip soon or any other reason why they would speed up yours?
don't have any trips, just anxious since its over 2 months now.. and i am waiting to go to the next steps of renouncing current citizenship etc. etc. for which Canadian passport is mandatory

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you think calling Passport Canada everyday will piss them off ?
Even if it does not piss them off, it will take resources out of already stressed system. I request you to keep patience so that those who desperately need passports get it. I understand your anxiety as well.

Also, please check if you can renounce previous citizenship without Canadian Passport. For example many Indians think that it is not possible, but actually we can do so without Candian Passport.

AnkiQC

Dec 28, 2021
is there anyway i can speed things up or get more info on my application?
If you need the passport, you can call and have the process transferred to the local office. We applied March 22 and are still waiting. My wife, however, had a need to travel so we called them last week, they transferred her file to the local office. They initially said it was going to be ready for this past Monday, but they called the next day to say she could come by to pick it up as it was done. So 2 days after asking for the transfer, she had her passport in hand.

They're prioritizing people who need their passports. If you need yours, call them and ask for it to be transferred. It's really fast.

nav13

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Mail in application

sent :- March 21
Received :- March 24

I tried to call them last week for transfer .
Credit card charged :- May 19th ( today )

What is the ETA for passport delivery for this timeline ?

thank you for your input.

Samrahim8488

May 6, 2022
THOSE PEOPLE WHO TRANSFERED THEIR FILE VIA PHONE TO LOCAL OFFICE,

you guys need to go to local office and inquire. I got surprise when I went to check on my status in person. They said they have not transfered my file yet. Usually when u transfer via phone they basically email local office and tell them that you are interested and thts it. i have 3 buisness days left hence the local office let me in whitout being in line and they transferred my file while I was there. Now I am getting my daughter’s passport on a day prior of traveling in the evening.

Please go in person for transfer if u have few days left and dont rely on what people on phone says. System is broken and nobody follows up.

Reactions: utopir