+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
hi guys, do you know up to approximately what date that applications have been submitted have received their passport?

my application was received on march 31 and cc charged on apr 27. just wondering if it is realistic to expect my passport this month as i was planning some travel in june
My application was also delivered on March 31st with a travel date of May 30 and I have not received anything. I had to ask for a transfer to my local office and I am still waiting for the call. I would not get my hopes high if I were you.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
You have to call Passport services and ask for a transfer. You will need proof of travel within the next 10 business days though.
I faxed my driver licence copy last week today I call she say you have to wait one to tow weeks to see if the fax is in the system or not but when they call me first time about a copy of my driver licence she say when we recived in one week u week have your passport today other say different story my application recived 7 Mars really I am

Poirot

Jan 18, 2022
My passport has arrived today.

Application Mailed (no guarantor): Jan. 31
Received Gatineau: Feb 2
Online Status Request: Feb 16
Online Status Response: Feb 21 - File Under Examination
Credit Card Charged: Feb 21
Second Online Status Request: Feb 25
Online Status Response: Feb 28 - File Under Examination
Passport Office Contacting only one reference listed in the Statutory Guarantee in lieu of guarantor (2 references required): March 1
I missed adding a reason why I have no guarantor in the Statutory Declaration In Lieu of Guarantor form but they did not call me
Passport Received on Mailbox: March 8, 2022, with Certificate of Citizenship in same Canada Post Express Envelope.
Hi, could you please let me know where you found the statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor form? I've been searching online. Thanks

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Has anyone had this happen to them? We applied my wife and I in person at service Canada Vancouver first week of march, I got my passport 2 weeks ago and she hasn’t yet. When she called them earlier they said it’s still processing and they couldn’t give a timeline. Don‘t they process the applications together or is it done separate even though we applied together at the same time?

Last edited:

fastrider

May 12, 2022
Here is my timeline.
Mailed in application (for my baby) on April 1st to Gatineau
Received on April 5th
CC charged April 29th.
When I call they say it is still being processed, no sign of printing or anything.

Travel date is May 29th.

Congratulations to those who got their passports and good luck to all.
Following up on my previous post: passport collected today at passport office.

After calling them my application was transferred to my local passport office (in Montreal), they called me 3 days after the transfer to confirm passport would be available next business day. No fee were asked. Only the normal fee on mail application was paid.

If you applied my mail it is definitely worth the time calling to ask for a transfer to your local office if your travel date is approaching.

Good luck to all

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
hi everyone, can anyone share me their application process!!! I submit my passport application mail through Canada Express-post April 22 and passport office received my mail by 25th April 2022. when I filled my application I just fill my Visa card number for authorize agreement form. it's been 3 weeks Monday I count since my application delivered but up to now they haven't charge me my passport fee yet to my Visa card. So how long it will take time ? it's my application still in process ? how I will get notify for the passport been in process or approved my application ?? can anyone share me plzzz I'm just worried do I have to make a call to passport canada?

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
hi everyone, can anyone share me their application process!!! I submit my passport application mail through Canada Express-post April 22 and passport office received my mail by 25th April 2022. when I filled my application I just fill my Visa card number for authorize agreement form. it's been 3 weeks Monday I count since my application delivered but up to now they haven't charge me my passport fee yet to my Visa card. So how long it will take time ? it's my application still in process ? how I will get notify for the passport been in process or approved my application ?? can anyone share me plzzz I'm just worried do I have to make a call to passport canada?
Based on timelines of other people in this thread in the last 30 days, CC is charged between 21-48 days after date of receipt of the application, and passport is received between 50-68 days after date of receipt of the application (excluding expedite requests due to travel). The processing time has gone up from the previous 30 days' 28-56 days.

ammuan2020

Apr 17, 2020
Based on timelines of other people in this thread in the last 30 days, CC is charged between 21-48 days after date of receipt of the application, and passport is received between 50-68 days after date of receipt of the application (excluding expedite requests due to travel). The processing time has gone up from the previous 30 days' 28-56 days.
thanks for the kind info....

kzaman

May 31, 2015
My daughter applied at Burlington service centre on 25 March and was given a mail out date of 26 April. She is flying to UK on 24 May. She called the phone number couple of weeks back and requested a transfer to local office since no progress was made on her application. Got a call from Mississauga local office over the weekend that her transfer request has been accepted and to visit the office between Tuesday and Thursday this week with a new application since her earlier application wasn't even scanned by the central office. So she filled up a new application and went to the Mississauga passport office today but was turned away by the guard saying that they can only process urgent applications which are submitted 1 or 2 days before the travel date.

Anyone had a similar experience with urgent requests? Don't they accept urgent applications with more than 1 to 2 travel dates since the person on the phone said that she can apply now but the guards said no? Do we need appointment for transfer application or can we just walk in?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Passport applications sent by mail and delivered on April 19, credit card charges today. How long do you guys think it will take from this point before they issue passports ?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport applications sent by mail and delivered on April 19, credit card charges today. How long do you guys think it will take from this point before they issue passports ?
1-2 months but who knows, it's so delayed at the moment

Reactions: Das67

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Same timeline as you. We don’t have any travel plans. But would love to have it before start of summer.

Reactions: Das67

Rubbal

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
I applied for baby passport on March 3. I didnt answered call from passport office because it was from unknown no. On May 6 I got a letter that I have to contact passport office. I called them and they said that your husband is in India so he will have to go to Canadian embassy and fill some form but passport office will give me a no. Which he will need to fill the form. They said that they will contact me with the no. I am still waiting for the no. Is anyone else in the same situation? How long will it take?