+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I managed to get someone of Passport Canada on the phone. Due to travel date approaching they transferred my application to the local passport office and told me they would call me.
Do they actually transfer the paper files from Gatineau to the local office (delays..) or is it just an electronic transfer of scanned documents ?
its Paper transfer once the local office accepts transfer . they are ages behind in technology

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Sent in my passport renewal by mail March 11. April 11, my credit card was charged for the renewal. I'm leaving Sunday June 5. Should I try to apply in person soon? Has anyone here applied the same time as me and have received their passport or are still waiting? I'm getting pretty anxious and worried that it won't arrive on time.
BTW I'm from Quebec and I don't have a tracking number and I can never get a hold of someone when I call. Any advice would really be appreciated!!
did you get you passport?

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
Called the Toll free number (1‑800‑567‑6868) yesterday around 5pm EST. Had to dial some 20 times to get through. Do press 1 and then listen to the first line ("Office closed on May 23rd"). As soon as the recording starts on "How to apply for a passport", I dropped off and tried again and again till i got lucky with the message "“if you are applying within Canada press 1”. I was 120th person in queue and took approximately 40 mins to get through and talk to an agent. He informed that everything looked good in my file and I should receive the passport by end of May. I sent the application on March 16th. Received on March 17th. CC charged on April 12th. Normal in-mail non-urgent application. No upcoming travels. Ottawa applicant.
thanks for providing insights into how to get to the rep. When I got hold of a rep three weeks ago he said the same thing “everything looks good. I should get it by may 10th”. But no sign yet of it. Never felt so helpless about a situation with government. It’s like a dark black hole. No one knows how they are operating.

MTLdersim

Aug 15, 2015
Application sent on March 28
Recieved at Gatineau by April 1
CC Fee charged on May 5
still no passport, this been so hectic, my planned travel date was May 10, i sent them multiple emails/requests and didn't get back any info.
Looks like we have to wait blindly so the bureaucracy can stay in back-lock for months!

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Application sent on March 28
Recieved at Gatineau by April 1
CC Fee charged on May 5
still no passport, this been so hectic, my planned travel date was May 10, i sent them multiple emails/requests and didn't get back any info.
Looks like we have to wait blindly so the bureaucracy can stay in back-lock for months!
mine is similar timeline, applied in person at service Canada on 31st March, still nothing.
Called yesterday and they advised its still under review.

fastrider

May 12, 2022
If you manage to book an appointment at a passport office can you go and bring documents to have an urgent passport evn you submitted by mail before?

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they intentionally put the phone line busy.

WTF, every time its like busy. How is that possible?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
its Paper transfer once the local office accepts transfer . they are ages behind in technology
If this is the case, then I have lost hope of receiving my son’s passport on time. I made the transfer request to my local PO and the agent told me to expect a call from the offfice no earlier than 2 days before my travel date! How are they going to transfer paper files and print out my passport all within 2 days?!