Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
We are having similar intention (wait for passport before booking a trip) like you. Our timeline:

Delivered: Mar 9 (Living in BC sent to Missisauga)
Status request (email) : April 3
Reply received: May 3 (yes, today) saying the file is UNDER EXAMINATION
CC not charged

I think there are only 2 options if you're desparate : 1. book a trip (with proof) and call to arrange urgent transfer 2. not book a trip and call to arrange urgent transfer. Option 2 depends if you're being requested proof of travel, of course.

We are not desparate so won't call, but maybe another month wait will change our minds.

Good luck!
CC charged today.

Just a hunch. I think the email status request made them realize our file is at the bottom of the stack, so seeing that it's already 2 months old make them process the application to the next step.

nvnkmr10

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Baby passport application mailed to Gatineau from Mississauga.
Mail Delivered on March 11th
CC Charged on April 5th
No Update.
Similar timelines. Sent baby passport on Apr 01, CC charged Apr 28, Please update here when your status changes. Can we walk in to Service Canada and expedite showing the proof of travel ?

Reactions: chpraveen52

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
At the Oath ceremony, can I request the officer to not cut my PR card? Given the passport delays, I dont want to be stuck. With a PR card at least i can travel...

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the Oath ceremony, can I request the officer to not cut my PR card? Given the passport delays, I dont want to be stuck. With a PR card at least i can travel...
Probably they will not agree. Since once you are citizen, technically you can't be Permanent resident. Although let us know if its accepted. I may be in similar situation soon.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
No chance it will be accepted. you can either postpone the oath or postpone your trip
If you have a a ticket or travel plan you can get a passport even on same day

Reactions: 116sg17

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
No you can’t travel with a PR card after you have your oath ..you will no longer be a PR. If you are unwilling to cut your card you won’t be allowed to take the oath

Reactions: 116sg17

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Received an email response yesterday to my inquiry from 2 weeks ago. The response says the file is under examination.

My timelines are:
Received in Ottawa: March 23rd
Credit Card charged: April 20th

Quite a frustrating experience so far

Samrahim8488

May 6, 2022
How many days ahead we can transfer our file to local passport office? I called and after calling 3-400 time it went through and they said they cannot transfer now because it wont be accepted unless its leas than 10 buisness days. Ours is 11 business days left and ahe didnt transfer and asked to call when its less than 10.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
How many days ahead we can transfer our file to local passport office? I called and after calling 3-400 time it went through and they said they cannot transfer now because it wont be accepted unless its leas than 10 buisness days. Ours is 11 business days left and ahe didnt transfer and asked to call when its less than 10.
I would say on the 10th business day. so if today is 11 business days then you would call back on Monday May 9th. That's how I understand it anyway.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I am almost done.

Timeline:
App delivered to Mississauga: Feb 25th
CC charged: April 30th
Passport mailed from Mississauga: May 3rd
Certificate mailed separately (from Mississauga): May 3rd
Certificate ready for pick up at Post Office: May 5th

(I called late yesterday for an update and that's when they gave me the tracking number. I asked if the certificate was in the same envelope or separate and the person looked and then gave me a second tracking number).

Passport still en route to Whistler, currently in Richmond as of yesterday morning, so maybe get it today or probably Monday. Will update with the issue date when I have it in hand.

Time from app delivery to passport mailing date: 47 business days.

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

Samrahim8488

May 6, 2022
I would say on the 10th business day. so if today is 11 business days then you would call back on Monday May 9th. That's how I understand it anyway.
i hope my call go through on tht day because Yesterday I kept calling till end. Today i was 200th in line but I am glad at least it went through after dialing straight for 2.5 hrs non stop

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
i hope my call go through on tht day because Yesterday I kept calling till end. Today i was 200th in line but I am glad at least it went through after dialing straight for 2.5 hrs non stop
Yea, it took me 190-ish calls to get through to them yesterday. Unfortunately just have to set some time aside to do it. Definitely frustrating. There were only 60 or so ahead of me (at about 4pm PST) which took about 45 minutes.