+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
And I thought Cc is charged only when all documentation is in order. but I see your documentation issues came up post the credit card charge... all my theories (and assumptions) are proving to be wrong :(.
I thought the same thing. And they didn’t contact me to say anything was missing.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
January 4th fed ex delivered it.
Cc charged January 13th
I sent email inquiry January 19th
January 20th they emailed reply..in process
I called February 21st and they said missing guarantor signature on back of my drivers license.
I went to Staples two days in a row to fax it, but always busy fax signal.
So Fedexed overnight (cost over 100.00)
Fedex delivered February 28th
I filed complaint March 3rd
I called March 17th and they said no note on record of receiving fedex.
Have not managed to get thru on phone since and no response to my complaint.
Now I’ll just wait and see what MP says.
very sad to read this.

Reactions: Snowisland

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
January 4th fed ex delivered it.
Cc charged January 13th
I sent email inquiry January 19th
January 20th they emailed reply..in process
I called February 21st and they said missing guarantor signature on back of my drivers license.
I went to Staples two days in a row to fax it, but always busy fax signal.
So Fedexed overnight (cost over 100.00)
Fedex delivered February 28th
I filed complaint March 3rd
I called March 17th and they said no note on record of receiving fedex.
Have not managed to get thru on phone since and no response to my complaint.
Now I’ll just wait and see what MP says.
Unbelievable that they could perform like that. After having bad experience with IRCC and now Passport Office, I have NO trust in government services here.

On the other hand, a week ago, when making a call to Passport Office, there were about 300+ calls ahead. For the time being, it increases to 500+. Why didn't they make the whole process transparent? This could confirm that they are incompetent to handle their job and deal with the situation.

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
Unbelievable that they could perform like that. After having bad experience with IRCC and now Passport Office, I have NO trust in government services here.

On the other hand, a week ago, when making a call to Passport Office, there were about 300+ calls ahead. For the time being, it increases to 500+. Why didn't they make the whole process transparent? This could confirm that they are incompetent to handle their job and deal with the situation.
When I called them during start of MARCH (before sending my application) I was able to connect with them with just 15-20 mins of wait (I was like 20th caller at best).. and I spoke to them like 2-3 times in couple of weeks with same wait times.. Wonder what changed since mid-march that the traffic has gone up or # of phone reps have come down..any holidays or spring break of sorts... Today also I called art 7:28 AM and when I got through the IVR options and it was 7:30 but it said "We are closed..".. then I went back to main menu and came back to my option (took about 1 minute) and I was 312 caller in line..

Can anyone tell me who will be my MP if I stay in USA ? I don't have a residence in Canada but born in North york, ON.

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Hi guys, similar update:

Ship date: Mar 11, 2022
Delivered: Mar 14, 2022
CC charged: Apr 06, 2022

How long would it take from here to receive the Canadian passport?

Oh boy, the Indian pp surrendering, entry visa and OCI card process all makes me feel like I am creating EE profile all over again.

But this time it will be the Indian CIC who are known for their unique requirements.
Lols..Very True ...I have started the other process after my Canadian Passport and looks like another 6 months of Bureaucratic Hurdle to get OCI. Pain is never ending :)

• Sad
Reactions: Edifytech

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Lols..Very True ...I have started the other process after my Canadian Passport and looks like another 6 months of Bureaucratic Hurdle to get OCI. Pain is never ending :)
yeah so true....How long does it take to get the Canadian passport since CC charged? Mine got charged yesterday. I live near Windsor.

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
Application Received at Passport Canada Office: Feb 9th 2022
Ontario applicant. New Passport application after obtaining citizenship. 2 applications in one mail.

Credit Card hasn't been charged yet. Called today and after a long wait all that they could tell me was that the application was received on feb 9th, a file has been created in their system and someone is working on it. She couldn't provide any further details which makes me believe that they haven't touched it after creating an entry in the system.
This is frustrating. They are prioritizing applications that are being rushed and punishing people who did the right thing and submitted it ahead of time.

I waited for 2 years and 2 months exactly to receive citizenship. A process that usually takes 12 months. And now this crap with passport. I am frustrated.
The folks at Passport office would have had a relaxing time at work the last two years when no one was travelling. And now they probably went on March spring break vacation and working at government pace.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
I think those who get thier passport, do not take pains to come and inform here. And we feel that passports are not delivered since days which is not true.

please come and inform when you recieve passport.

Reactions: Klamm

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
Call them, ask them to transfer your file to the local office. It will take at least 2 business days, then they will call you in, where you should also bring your proof of travel. Then you can pick up your passport 1 day before the travel date.

I haven't gone through it, but that's what an agent told me on the phone
So i talked to them yesterday they told me everything is complete at there end , and agent told me not to transfer pp to local office(edmonton) as it can get stuck in there backlog as well . Its been 7 week already he said wait for another 2 .
he said its completed , still don't know what to expect waiting everyday for mail .:(

Reactions: goodboy97

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
When I called them during start of MARCH (before sending my application) I was able to connect with them with just 15-20 mins of wait (I was like 20th caller at best).. and I spoke to them like 2-3 times in couple of weeks with same wait times.. Wonder what changed since mid-march that the traffic has gone up or # of phone reps have come down..any holidays or spring break of sorts... Today also I called art 7:28 AM and when I got through the IVR options and it was 7:30 but it said "We are closed..".. then I went back to main menu and came back to my option (took about 1 minute) and I was 312 caller in line..

Can anyone tell me who will be my MP if I stay in USA ? I don't have a residence in Canada but born in North york, ON.
Yes spring break and lifting restrictions April 1st on arrival. These are the main reasons I think

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Application Received at Passport Canada Office: Feb 9th 2022
Ontario applicant. New Passport application after obtaining citizenship. 2 applications in one mail.

Credit Card hasn't been charged yet. Called today and after a long wait all that they could tell me was that the application was received on feb 9th, a file has been created in their system and someone is working on it. She couldn't provide any further details which makes me believe that they haven't touched it after creating an entry in the system.
This is frustrating. They are prioritizing applications that are being rushed and punishing people who did the right thing and submitted it ahead of time.

I waited for 2 years and 2 months exactly to receive citizenship. A process that usually takes 12 months. And now this crap with passport. I am frustrated.
The folks at Passport office would have had a relaxing time at work the last two years when no one was travelling. And now they probably went on March spring break vacation and working at government pace.
I got the same impression on my file. I was told there is no request on your file, but "too early to tell. Call us back again in 2-3 weeks". This means probably no one will be working on my file for another 2-3 weeks. The only way to push them is to have a ticket in hand. Only then they will treat you VIP because you cornered them.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I think those who get thier passport, do not take pains to come and inform here. And we feel that passports are not delivered since days which is not true.

please come and inform when you recieve passport.
Most people come back and inform as far as I can tell.