+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Try to book a ticket with flexibility to change dates. Air Canada was allowing free changes for all booking made until March 31st. Not sure they still have it. Hotel bookings are mostly easy to change dates as far as I know.
I am entertaining the idea of booking a bus ticket to NY to force them to process my application to void all the drama of changing dates and potentially facing problems.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
These are bad news for us, but good they caught the attention of the media. Passport Canada will not do their jobs more effectively until they are forced to, and this negative publicity is one force. Applying in person by the way is not much better. Many offices are booked a month in advance. Unless you are traveling in the next 2 business days, I am afraid you will have to wait.
I'll just go to one of service canada closest to my home and try out my luck first. I am not planning to travel outside canada within next 2 months but i dont want to think about having it anymore either. let's see

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I'll just go to one of service canada closest to my home and try out my luck first. I am not planning to travel outside canada within next 2 months but i dont want to think about having it anymore either. let's see
You can walk-in to service Canada for regular application. I recommend to not have any travel plans at least 3 months. Passport Canada is not reliable.

Reactions: sk000

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Good, you are one day earlier than me, but my CC has not been charged yet.

What is OCI?
You don’t wanna know what is OCI unless you’re an Indian :) . It is a passport like booklet that lets you travel to India visa-free after an Indian citizen gets foreign citizenship and renounce his/her Indian citizenship as dual citizenship is not allowed. OCI stands for Overseas Citizenship/Citizen of India

• Haha
Reactions: Elchinec

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Not sure if this is the right thread but when you go to service Canada and you apply for a passport (in person - not urgent and normal processing), they usually give you an expected mail-out date, has anyone received it within that date? Our mail-out date was last week and i have not received anything yet. We applied 1st of March and was told mail-out date should be 30th of March and still nothing

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Not sure if this is the right thread but when you go to service Canada and you apply for a passport (in person - not urgent and normal processing), they usually give you an expected mail-out date, has anyone received it within that date? Our mail-out date was last week and i have not received anything yet. We applied 1st of March and was told mail-out date should be 30th of March and still nothing
Mail out date is of no use. My mail out date is 31/3 called on 4th April to find out nothing has been done on the application.
Also if you applied in service Canada (looks that what you have done) Passport canada agent said they get it 2 weeks after

Reactions: cyberkodi

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Mail out date is of no use. My mail out date is 31/3 called on 4th April to find out nothing has been done on the application.
Also if you applied in service Canada (looks that what you have done) Passport canada agent said they get it 2 weeks after application was submitted in passport canada office
Thank you, yeah we applied in person. I tried to call the passport checking service earlier and the automated message said (you are number 576 in the queue), so I gave up, sigh!

Tommy22shoes

Jun 14, 2017
Application sent: 8th Feb 2022
Application Delivered : 9 Feb 2022
Contacted by passport office: 4th March
(requesting new photos)
CC charge : 12 March 2022
Certificate returned: 5th April
Passport delivered: 6th April

So my passport has finally been delivered.

Just so everyone is aware I reposted my dates as above. It's basically been about double the standard time frame. Close to 40 days.

Good luck to everyone

John1234567890

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone,
I applied for passport yesterday by mail.
How long it’s going to take?

Can I check the status of my passport application online?

How will I know if my application is complete?

Thanks

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied for passport yesterday by mail.
How long it’s going to take?

Can I check the status of my passport application online?

How will I know if my application is complete?

Thanks
It would have been better if you visited this discussion before mailing your application
based on what i understand it can take around 8 weeks. no online tracking. You can call passport Canada phone number to talk to an agent