File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
Don't worry you are not alone. I am in the same boat. See my timelines in my signature.
This system sucks bad time. !!
Hey!

So just to update I called my MP after writing this, explained everything, and they told me that there was nothing & they had no direct line with the passport office, and all they could suggest was that I go to the passport office and demand a supervisor.

However my wife just received a phone call from the St Catharines passport office today. Apparently our documents got to Gatineau & then they decided to send them on to St. Johns.

Either way it looks like they now know where the documents are & will be rushing them + allowing us to pick up in St Catharines, even if we have to pay a bunch of extra fees.

Definitely worth calling your MP if you haven't. Seemed like it got a fire lit under them as the phone call earlier was basically "We don't know where they are & we might be able to get them done but no guarantees."

• Wow
Reactions: taekwondo

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Does anyone have experience with having to resubmit an application due to an error? Was told by the person that called me yesterday that they would keep my birth certificate and old passport there (Gatineau) and I could just submit an new application along with new photos and proof of identity. Will I run into problems when I go submit my application at a passport office? My travel date is less than 20 days away and I currently am waiting for a call to get an in person appointment. Can someone at the passport office bring up my file number and see what documents I need to submit or will I get grief go not having my birth certificate and old passport? Any info would be helpful! I never thought to ask when they called me, if I’d run into problems. I’ve been kind of flustered lately!
Your application is a renewal for Canadian-born? I thought it was a new passport for a new citizen. Renewals should be easier as far as I know. Anyway, I read here someone asked to transfer their file to a local office where they got their passport, but their certificate was mailed to them later, supposedly from another office.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Application sent: Feb 15 (cc expired on the 28th)
Application delivered: Feb 17

Called on March 7th to update cc info, was given file number then transferred to payment department, gave them new card info and told card will be charged later that day or by next day.

Cc charged on March 7th

Called again on March 18th for an update (in queue for an hour and 30 minutes) was told it was in production stage should arrive in 2 weeks.

Called on March 25th got to 10 people left then they cut me off. I went outside about an hour later and saw a pickup notice in my mailbox.

Passport and certificate (same envelope) in hand March 25th
Congrats. Did they call the guarantor/references?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey!

So just to update I called my MP after writing this, explained everything, and they told me that there was nothing & they had no direct line with the passport office, and all they could suggest was that I go to the passport office and demand a supervisor.

However my wife just received a phone call from the St Catharines passport office today. Apparently our documents got to Gatineau & then they decided to send them on to St. Johns.

Either way it looks like they now know where the documents are & will be rushing them + allowing us to pick up in St Catharines, even if we have to pay a bunch of extra fees.

Definitely worth calling your MP if you haven't. Seemed like it got a fire lit under them as the phone call earlier was basically "We don't know where they are & we might be able to get them done but no guarantees."
They didn't know where the documents are?! :eek: That's frightening

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Yay! I see some movement in the process. May be a lot of people started applying in person
In fact, yesterday after calling the hotline we knew that there was minor mistake in our applications, i.e there was no signing date on the copy of IDs signed off by the guarantor. They suggested the guarantor call them to update that instead of waiting for a call from an officer. The guarantor did it this morning. Then cc was charged later than that in the afternoon

Reactions: PumpkinJack

gcamp

Mar 22, 2022
Your application is a renewal for Canadian-born? I thought it was a new passport for a new citizen. Renewals should be easier as far as I know. Anyway, I read here someone asked to transfer their file to a local office where they got their passport, but their certificate was mailed to them later, supposedly from another office.
I was applying for a new adult passport. My old one was a child’s. I’m Canadian born.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Does passport Canada print passports in the weekends? I know they work on weekends as a couple of people had their CC charged on the weekends, but not sure if this is just for processing application or also include production.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
I called today they give me the file number after that they transfer my call to the payment department to give them the new credit card infos because they had a visa debit info from TD and they don’t accept that so today they charge 160 from my CC is that normal they charge me and my application still under the examination? They just creat a file number today is that normal?what that mean?
Thx

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I called today they give me the file number after that they transfer my call to the payment department to give them the new credit card infos because they had a visa debit info from TD and they don’t accept that so today they charge 160 from my CC is that normal they charge me and my application still under the examination? They just creat a file number today is that normal?what that mean?
Thx
Normal.

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Thx
My understanding is that the file number and credit charge are for the consistency of the documents, i.e. fulfilling the checklist. After that goes to an officer to investigate the application itself. Same like very early submission of the immigration process.

Reactions: Costa5053

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
When did you submit if you don't mind me asking? Within the last month?
I decided to apply by mail before they called me. Here is my timeline so far

Passport Application sent: March 2nd
Application delivered : March 3rd (Ottawa mailroom)
CC charged : March 25th
Citizenship certificate returned : TBA
Passport received : TBA

Reactions: karimelkerm