+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All, my application was delivered to them on March 4th at Mississauga address as I am from BC. My CC has not been charged yet. Do I need to be concerned as there has been no update and its been 3 weeks?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi All, my application was delivered to them on March 4th at Mississauga address as I am from BC. My CC has not been charged yet. Do I need to be concerned as there has been no update and its been 3 weeks?
Nope. You need not be concerned. My application was delivered on March 3rd and my cc was charged yesterday so I am going to assume it will be your turn next week to get the cc charged. I called them yesterday (around 2 hr wait), they said my file is on track and it can take up to 10 business days more to get the passport dispatched.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Nope. You need not be concerned. My application was delivered on March 3rd and my cc was charged yesterday so I am going to assume it will be your turn next week to get the cc charged. I called them yesterday (around 2 hr wait), they said my file is on track and it can take up to 10 business days more to get the passport dispatched.
I would say the same. Next week. On the other hand, it's been almost 10 business days for me after CC got charged, and yesterday I received an update that the application is still in examination, not even in production

• Sad
Reactions: PumpkinJack

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I'm from BC as well, app delivered Feb 25th and still no CC charge.

• Wow
Reactions: Klamm

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi my application received 7 Mars file number creat Mars 24 and CC charge same day how long should I wait to recive my certificate and passport? Thx

Reactions: Val-Kon

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
In fact, yesterday after calling the hotline we knew that there was minor mistake in our applications, i.e there was no signing date on the copy of IDs signed off by the guarantor. They suggested the guarantor call them to update that instead of waiting for a call from an officer. The guarantor did it this morning. Then cc was charged later than that in the afternoon
Hello, when the guarantor called, what is the reference number he/she (guarantor) gave to the passport call centre agent?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hi my application received 7 Mars file number creat Mars 24 and CC charge same day how long should I wait to recive my certificate and passport? Thx
How does an applicant know when the file number is created? The applicant needs to call passport office and ask for a file number?

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
How does an applicant know when the file number is created? The applicant needs to call passport office and ask for a file number?
U give him your info by phone than u can ask for the file number if it’s creat or not mean if they open the envolop or not yet

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
I had to call passport office to get file number first
Thanks, usually how long it takes to generate the file number after the application have reached to Ottawa?