+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
do you know any Photo studio in GTA that does stamp that statment on back of your photo, so shopers do that ?
and how much does shoppers drug mart charge for passport photos.
Walmart is the cheapest but they always say passport photos are “out of stock”. I don’t know if they do such stamping.

I know for sure London Drugs would do such stamp as I used them for mine. Costs less than shoppers around 15 bucks for 2 copies. Takes 1 hour to give you the photo. I think I paid 3 bucks more to get a digital copy as well.

Shoppers is expensive as I think they asked over 20 bucks just for the photo.

Reactions: sting_hard

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
if anyone can suggest a photo studio in GTA that does the stamping of below statement on back of the photo.

" I certify this to be true linkeness of ( name of applicant ) "

Last edited:

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
if anypne can suggest a photo studio in GTA that does the stamping of below statement on back of the photo.

Confirmed the pricing with my London Drugs receipt $14.99 + tax for photo. $2.99 for digital copy if you want to add on. They will put that stamp on both photos without you even asking.

Man, just learnt that they have no stores in Ontario :(

• Haha
Reactions: sk000

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
if anyone can suggest a photo studio in GTA that does the stamping of below statement on back of the photo.

In which GTA city are you located? It's available at Pro Image Studio.

Davmeister13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015 / SA: 22-02-2015 / In Process: 16-09-2015
File Transfer...
22-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14/11/2015
LANDED..........
02/12/2015
Just throwing my info in here for my sons applications, both of which were born here;

Travel date - April 10th

Mailed Feb 17th. (Tried to get an in-person appointment but was denied and told to mail)
Called today (26 Business days since mailing, so at least 20 business days from delivery), waited 1:40hr on the phone

Neither file has been opened. No CC Charges.

Told that a transfer request will be put in to my local Passport Office, will cost $45 + extra fee's each. Also no guarantee that we'll get the Passports on time.

No other information given then that.

Followed every instruction given to us during the process and still somehow getting screwed. Anyone else frustrated with this or got any other advice?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
do you know any Photo studio in GTA that does stamp that statment on back of your photo, do shopers do that ?
and how much does shoppers drug mart charge for passport photos.
I live in Quebec, and used Jean Coutu. Cost around $16 for 2 photos, and they were ready in less than 10 minutes. I am not sure if it's available in GTA

Reactions: goodboy97

Ragnheidr

Aug 9, 2021
Since you are traveling, book the tickets and let them know you are traveling soon with a proof to transfer your file to a local office. I would be angry if I submitted my application more than 2 months ago, and then charged me express and transfer fees to finish my application on time. If I were you, I would file a complaint about the delay and the possible extra fees.
I have already filed a complaint (last week), but it seems to take forever to get a response, it's even longer than the online follow-up request where they already don't meet the announced time frame (I filled that one a month ago almost and no answer, for a change :p)

I also contacted my MP yesterday, it's silly to bother her about something so stupid, but what else can one possibly do at this point... this is a lottery, nothing else.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have already filed a complaint (last week), but it seems to take forever to get a response, it's even longer than the online follow-up request where they already don't meet the announced time frame (I filled that one a month ago almost and no answer, for a change :p)

I also contacted my MP yesterday, it's silly to bother her about something so stupid, but what else can one possibly do at this point... this is a lottery, nothing else.
A month ago you sent a request and still no response? I sent one about 17 days ago, and was hoping for a response these days.

Book a ticket and tell them you have a proof of travel. This is the only way I see to process your application.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent our family’s applications on Feb 18. They were received by Passport Program on Feb 24. Credit card was charged on March 14. I called Passport Program this morning. The call was disconnected after a while. I called back and waited for more than 1.5 hours and was finally able to speak to an agent. He said my husband’s and my two children’s applications were approved but my application was still being processed and there is no note indicating payment on my file. I told him that all four transactions by Passport Program were shown as “posted transactions” in my online banking, meaning that they were processed. He said he would send an email on my behalf to enquire about the status of my application and hopefully my application will be approved soon. So frustrating!

Ragnheidr

Aug 9, 2021
A month ago you sent a request and still no response? I sent one about 17 days ago, and was hoping for a response these days.

Book a ticket and tell them you have a proof of travel. This is the only way I see to process your application.
Yep, a month ago or so, they are terrible....

As for our travel. They are well aware of this, we actually bought the tickets at the beginning of February and we told them that on the phone last week but they don't care at all, our only two options are either : to wait 2 weeks before our flight and call them again OR to transfer it to the local office, with no guarantee of expedited processing.

And since they have the original citizenship certificate, it is not possible to make a new express application.

Reactions: CaBeaver