IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
I just called IRCC to know my status status. She told the status is now " Complete" and my ecas is not yet Updated.
She provided me with the Canada post Tracking number to track my certificate. It says 17th Feb (Wednesday).

Its good to hear they are processing fast.
R u referring to the Certificate from IRCC after the Oath or the Certificates back from the Passport Office.

My wife called IRCC twice and on both Ocacassions she advised that hers and my son's Certificates were sent but they can not provide any Canada Post Tracking ID because there is no tracking available for certificates.

Now my wife received hers on 12th but We don't know where my Son's certificate is. I wonder why Canada Post takes 2 weeks to deliver my wife'se certificate in the same city from where the certificates were sent (Mississauga)

I guess stress is not ended for us yet. I am hoping to get Son's certificate today.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
R u referring to the Certificate from IRCC after the Oath or the Certificates back from the Passport Office.

My wife called IRCC twice and on both Ocacassions she advised that hers and my son's Certificates were sent but they can not provide any Canada Post Tracking ID because there is no tracking available for certificates.

Now my wife received hers on 12th but We don't know where my Son's certificate is. I wonder why Canada Post takes 2 weeks to deliver my wife'se certificate in the same city from where the certificates were sent (Mississauga)

I guess stress is not ended for us yet. I am hoping to get Son's certificate today.
I am referring to citizenship certificate. Just checked today and the status now shows complete.

The IRCC agent provided me the tracking ID ( Canada Post) for delivering the citizenship certificate.

Reactions: humsafar

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I am referring to citizenship certificate. Just checked today and the status now shows complete.

The IRCC agent provided me the tracking ID ( Canada Post) for delivering the citizenship certificate.
Yeah, this must be a new practice. When I took my oath and received my certificate last year, it was sent my regular post. No tracking available. I guess they must’ve grown wise and realized it would make sense to track such an important document.

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Yeah, this must be a new practice. When I took my oath and received my certificate last year, it was sent my regular post. No tracking available. I guess they must’ve grown wise and realized it would make sense to track such an important document.
Hey Did you surrender your Indian passport?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
You really don't need PR document during the oath or during the test .

Though it is one of the requirement during the oath taking ceremony, as long as you have your PR card it's good . And it you are going to cut your PR card and disclose to them after the oath .

I was told during the oath by IRCC agent is to have the landing document with you and don't misplace as it's required when attain 65 yrs due to pension.

That being said, landing or PR document is not mandatory but keep it safe .
What, you need your PR landing document when you turn 65? The one stapled to your passport at landing or CoPR that IRCC issued? Better check I have whatever is needed. I'm not super young but keeping it for 35 years seems a lot to ask.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
One quick question:-
1. Everything has to be same envelope as its mentioned original Indian passport in both?
2. Where to fill in the applications online? I saw one for OCI but unable to find for passport surrender.
1) I had two separate envelopes but put the original Indian passport only in one.
2) If you visit the BLS site, they have all the links and documents/fees listed by jurisdiction.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
What, you need your PR landing document when you turn 65? The one stapled to your passport at landing or CoPR that IRCC issued? Better check I have whatever is needed. I'm not super young but keeping it for 35 years seems a lot to ask.
It's COPR that IRCC issued

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
man.. did they tell you you had to keep it?

When you Receive E-mail from XXXXXX@cic.gc.ca for Oath Invite they will provide the document which says 'NOTICE TO APPEAR: TO TAKE THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP BY VIDEO"
In one of their- Section they mention the following

Have the following documents/objects available beside you for registration:
 Permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) and your Confirmation of Permanent
Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688) and a good pair of scissors
NOTE: You (and your family members) will be asked to cut up the Permanent Resident card(s) on screen
during the ceremony. If your Permanent resident card was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received,
complete the Solemn Declaration form and return it to us at this e-mail address immediately.
Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002.
 2 pieces of personal identification (ID): one must have your photograph and signature on it, e.g.
driver’s license, health card - Minors are not required to show identification with a signature.
NOTE: You will be asked to show these on screen for identification purposes. If you have a face covering,
you will be asked to removing it during registration for identity verification.
 [If applicable] If you are the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on behalf of a minor
child, your Personal identification (ID) will also be required.
 A printed copy (unsigned) of the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form on the last page of this
notice and a pen.
NOTE: You will be asked to sign and date the form in front of the presiding official after the Closing
Remarks – this form confirms the Oath has been recited and the effective date of Canadian citizenship.
This form must be signed and dated by you at both places indicated on the form on the same day you
recite the Oath. OR If you prefer, you can sign the form electronically after the ceremony (instructions
attached) and e-mail it back to IRCC immediately following the ceremony. DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM
BEFORE TAKING THE OATH OF CITIZENSHIP.
 optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship
- ***At the date and time of your Video oath ceremony, click on the link to join the session (indicated at
the beginning of this e-mail) and enter the Meeting ID and Meeting Password.
- The ceremony will last up to 3 hours, for registration, video oath ceremony itself and post-ceremony
instructions.
- A Presiding official and Clerk of the Ceremony from IRCC will oversee the video ceremony and administer
the oath.
- A minor child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on their
behalf.
- You (or your family members in the household) may take pictures of the screen if desired.
- Validate your address with the Clerk of the ceremony so that we can send you your citizenship certificate.
- If you get disconnected during your Video Oath ceremony, try reconnecting again. If you are not able to
connect, send a message to this e-mail address. You will be rescheduled on a different date and time.

Though PR cards works during the oath , but IRCC Co-Ordinator suggested to have till the applicant attains the age of 65 .

1. Generally in the Oath Invite form, you are provided with Seat Number : XX, During the oath while attending the zoom call, you are given instructions to rename your Zoom name according to the seat number otherwise they will do for you.
  2. As soon as you are into the breakout rooms , I am not sure how many people will be there but generally for every breakout room you are assigned one IRCC Co-Ordinator who will be your contact person during the zoom and will take care of till you complete the oath and send the document