+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
How long it's going to take for citizenship certificate after the oath.?
I had my oath today and requested for urgent processing if my citizenship certificate to the IRCC officer ?

Do we need wait to get the citizenship certificate before we apply for passport ?

simon25006

Jan 26, 2021
Application Submitted: 21st Jan
4th Feb received File number for myself and Hubby
8th Feb Husband's application approved. Mine in process still but received Tracking number for citizenship certificate for both
10th Feb My application approved.
12th Feb: Received tracking number for both of our passports.

Thanks everyone for help.
congratulations! Did your guarantor get call?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I had my oath today and requested for urgent processing if my citizenship certificate to the IRCC officer ?

Do we need wait to get the citizenship certificate before we apply for passport ?
Depends on the officer processing your certificate. I got mine in 10 days.

You do need your original certificate as proof of citizenship to apply for a passport.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015

Mine took 6 days and I didn’t request urgent processing.

Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Np. Just realized I didn’t answer your question in the citizenship certificate. Yes, you need to wait for it to apply for the passport. You have to send it back in with the application.
Thank you Dear. No Worries !!!

When you Receive you Citizenship Certificate/ When they Issue or send by Post the ECAS status change to " Complete" ??

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I will be passing the online test soon - from that moment onwards until you get the passport, do they require the PR landing document?

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I will be passing the online test soon - from that moment onwards until you get the passport, do they require the PR landing document?
You really don't need PR document during the oath or during the test .

Though it is one of the requirement during the oath taking ceremony, as long as you have your PR card it's good . And it you are going to cut your PR card and disclose to them after the oath .

I was told during the oath by IRCC agent is to have the landing document with you and don't misplace as it's required when attain 65 yrs due to pension.

That being said, landing or PR document is not mandatory but keep it safe .

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you Dear. No Worries !!!

When you Receive you Citizenship Certificate/ When they Issue or send by Post the ECAS status change to " Complete" ??
When the certificate is issued and mailed the ECAS status changes to complete, because the work is finished on their end.

Reactions: O'canada

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Application Submitted: 21st Jan
4th Feb received File number for myself and Hubby
8th Feb Husband's application approved. Mine in process still but received Tracking number for citizenship certificate for both
10th Feb My application approved.
12th Feb: Received tracking number for both of our passports.
14th Feb: Received Citizenship certificate of my spouse back in mailbox
15th Feb: Received our passports :)
Mine citizenship certificate still in transit..

Reactions: carol90 and Havilah

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Yup, it was marked as complete after I took the oath and send in my signed oath form.
I just called IRCC to know my status status. She told the status is now " Complete" and my ecas is not yet Updated.
She provided me with the Canada post Tracking number to track my certificate. It says 17th Feb (Wednesday).

Its good to hear they are processing fast.