+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hi, actually i applied for my sons passport dec 29th. somehow they lost some docs and my passport was on hold but now i called them and its back on track again, I am planning to travel on march 15 with my son, so i told them that i am travelling on feb 15 so they told me they will expedite my process but i have to show them proof of tavel.
Now how am I supposed to book ticket for my son without his paassport?
I dont wanna book ticket for 15 feb bcoz my travel gonna happen in mid march and not sure how long airline refund or credit works, am planningg to book ticket through aircanada.
is there a way I can provide proof? or can do something about it?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
hi, actually i applied for my sons passport dec 29th. somehow they lost some docs and my passport was on hold but now i called them and its back on track again, I am planning to travel on march 15 with my son, so i told them that i am travelling on feb 15 so they told me they will expedite my process but i have to show them proof of tavel.
Now how am I supposed to book ticket for my son without his paassport?
I dont wanna book ticket for 15 feb bcoz my travel gonna happen in mid march and not sure how long airline refund or credit works, am planningg to book ticket through aircanada.
is there a way I can provide proof? or can do something about it?
Processing time is 20 days, I think it's safe for you to not request expedited processing. Why do you need your son's passport? They usually don't ask for passport numbers when booking and if so, you can always update it before travelling.

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Processing time is 20 days, I think it's safe for you to not request expedited processing. Why do you need your son's passport? They usually don't ask for passport numbers when booking and if so, you can always update it before travelling.
It's been 20 days already they misplaced some docs so it's taking them long.. now finally they found all docs they lost but they said it's gonna take another 15 days.. I need to apply for my son's oci cannot do that without passport since am traveling in March.. that's why am trying to expedite it

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
It's been 20 days already they misplaced some docs so it's taking them long.. now finally they found all docs they lost but they said it's gonna take another 15 days.. I need to apply for my son's oci cannot do that without passport since am traveling in March.. that's why am trying to expedite it
I see, probably you can explain that you need it for OCI and also book a ticket for him.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Geez. So sorry to hear this. How did they even misplace the docs? But yes you can book a ticket, update the passport number later, and ask for expedited processing since you need it for an entry visa processing.

cmcll90

Jan 7, 2021
If you still have that flight on the 13th, you’re better off calling and asking for urgent processing if you can show proof that you qualify.
I actually cancelled my flight and got a voucher for it. With the changes for travel keep being more restrictive, i will wait when things calm down and there's more certainty. I am waiting for my app to be returned (sometime this week) and will reapply- just to at least continue that process and have my passport at hand.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Update
Application sent: Jan 7
Application Delivered: Jan 8
CC charged: Jan 18
Called for an update: Jan 20 and was given a tracking number for my citizenship certificate.
Certificate received in mailbox: Jan 22
Called for an update: Jan 22 and was given tracking number for my passport.
Passport received in mailbox: Jan 27

Last edited:

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Update

Application Delivered: Jan 8
CC charged: Jan 18
Called for an update: Jan 20 and was given a tracking number for my citizenship certificate.
Certificate received in mailbox: Jan 22
Called for an update: Jan 22 and was given tracking number for my passport.
Passport delivered in mailbox: Jan 27
Congrats...

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you my application was just delivered on 21st Jan. So did you submit application for OCI?
I will be submitting my surrender and OCI application on Monday. It's so much more convoluted than the CAN passport application process.

Last edited: