O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Update on my timeline:

Sent: Feb 8
Delivered: Feb 10
CC Charged: Feb 16
Received status email In process: Feb 23
Received passport and citizenship certificate in mail: Feb 24

A few observations and answers to some questions I have seen posted.

First, I sent and email inquiring about my passport application status on Feb 22 and got a reply the next day. No info in the reply other than it was received and in process. Clearly, it was already approved and in the mail as it was sent in a two day express envelope. So, I’d recommend calling to get your status and not email.

Second, it was sent 2 day Express post and it was clearly marked signature required and do not safe drop. I wasn’t called to sign for it and it was stuffed into my mailbox in the mailroom of my building. Inside was both my passport and my citizenship certificate. It was also bent in half to make it fit. Not happy about that since my citizenship certificate is now bent. There doesn’t appear to be a crease in it so I am currently trying to flatten it out. When I got my certificate after the oath, it was sent in a stiff envelope with “Do Not Bend” on it and it was laid flat without a bend.
Hi @AshesNdust can you please share the email address and customer care number to reach once your credit card is charged to do a follow-up on the Passport status ?

Thank you

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi @AshesNdust can you please share the email address and customer care number to reach once your credit card is charged to do a follow-up on the Passport status ?

Thank you
I grabbed from a previous post:

1) call passport customer care 1 800 567 6868 and/or
2) Fill the form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx to get the tracking in email

I did the #2 option which proved to be not ip to date. The webpage says that your passport application should in the system after 10 business days. That being said, I’d probably just call a day or two after your credit card gets charged if it happens under 10 days.

Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I grabbed from a previous post:

1) call passport customer care 1 800 567 6868 and/or
2) Fill the form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx to get the tracking in email

I did the #2 option which proved to be not ip to date. The webpage says that your passport application should in the system after 10 business days. That being said, I’d probably just call a day or two after your credit card gets charged if it happens under 10 days.
Thanks again @AshesNdust

Reactions: AshesNdust

simon25006

Jan 26, 2021
Update on my timeline:

Sent: Feb 8
Delivered: Feb 10
CC Charged: Feb 16
Received status email In process: Feb 23
Received passport and citizenship certificate in mail: Feb 24

A few observations and answers to some questions I have seen posted.

First, I sent and email inquiring about my passport application status on Feb 22 and got a reply the next day. No info in the reply other than it was received and in process. Clearly, it was already approved and in the mail as it was sent in a two day express envelope. So, I’d recommend calling to get your status and not email.

Second, it was sent 2 day Express post and it was clearly marked signature required and do not safe drop. I wasn’t called to sign for it and it was stuffed into my mailbox in the mailroom of my building. Inside was both my passport and my citizenship certificate. It was also bent in half to make it fit. Not happy about that since my citizenship certificate is now bent. There doesn’t appear to be a crease in it so I am currently trying to flatten it out. When I got my certificate after the oath, it was sent in a stiff envelope with “Do Not Bend” on it and it was laid flat without a bend.
I think that their system has like 2 or 3 days delay for information. My old passport and citizenship certificate were shipped on Monday and I called them yesterday they still didn't know it was shipped. And I agreed with you that you guys should call them to get your status because my first application was not completed and it was returned to me a month ago. They did not type my apartment number on the address and the package almost got shipped back. So for safety, I suggest you guys call them after like 1 week or 2 weeks to get the status information.

simon25006

Jan 26, 2021
delivered: Jan 27
CC Charged: Feb 11
New passport printing: Feb 17
old passport and citizenship certificate shipped: Feb 22 (it was shipped from BC and I live in Edmonton)
old passport and citizenship certificate received: Feb 24 (received in the mailbox)

Reactions: itwillbegood

Schuffi

Jan 22, 2021
sent my application on 22nd Feb, been out for delivery since 24th. rang Canada post and its apparently sat at the passport mail centre in Ottawa. So it is delivered but not got a signature back. I travel on 15 Aptil so hope there's movement soon.
Was told by Service Canada that the passport office was quiet with very few applications submitted.

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
Passport timelines for family member
Sent on mailing address via Xpresspost: March 1, 2021
Delivered Ottawa, ON: March 2, 2021

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
sent my application on 22nd Feb, been out for delivery since 24th. rang Canada post and its apparently sat at the passport mail centre in Ottawa. So it is delivered but not got a signature back. I travel on 15 Aptil so hope there's movement soon.
Was told by Service Canada that the passport office was quiet with very few applications submitted.
Its normally delivered at passport Mail center only. Due to Covid there is no signature provided. You should call Passport call center and check status

Schuffi

Jan 22, 2021
Its normally delivered at passport Mail center only. Due to Covid there is no signature provided. You should call Passport call center and check status
Thanks Shine, I did and they've confirmed they have it. Phew. But when i saw Islamabad's info yesterday it really got me worried.

Canada post have been shocking though. Some of the claptrap I've been told on the phone. They dont seem to know where it is

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
that's great it was delivered so quickly. I'm still waiting for mine to show its delivered since 22 Feb
Did you send on mailing address or courier address?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi any idea how is the urgent passport processing in person application as I need to travel in 2 weeks? I have a booking for flight ticket and valid reason.
If I receive certificate, and all the require documents, should I fill in the form online for 2 days for urgent processing?
please let me know procedure. Or anyone applied urgent passport before?