+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Yenoh01

Jan 9, 2019
Finally! We received our passports today!
Family application ( 2 adults and 2 children)
We sent our application thru courier (FedEx)
Edmonton to Gatineau

Timeline: Regular processing
App sent: Oct 4 2021
App delivered: Oct 6 2021
Credit Card Charged: Oct 18 2021
Citizenship Certificates received: Oct 22 2021
Passports Received: Oct 25 2021

Thank you very much and I appreciate all the members for the support and helping each other in this forum. Our journey has just begun as Canadians!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Edmonton to Gatineau

Thank you very much and I appreciate all the members for the support and helping each other in this forum. Our journey has just begun as Canadians!
Congratulations. The passport process didn't take long. Is this the norm time these days for normal processing, or not for all?

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Edmonton to Gatineau

congratulations!!!!

Reactions: Yenoh01

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hello my friends, today I received my citizenship certificate.. exactly the first day of 4 th week as they mentioned before…

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Hello Everyone my time line is as below-
Application Sent via mail and did not mentioned anticipated date for travel on my application

Application sent via mail (xpress post )21 sep 2021
Application delivered 23 sep 2021 at Gaitineau QC
Called Passport Program on Oct 5 and they said my application received and in process and same day passport fees charged

14 Oct 2021Called Passport Customer Service for status on application and they said both passport and citizenship certificate despatched on Oct 13 and i took tracking number for both.

Recived citizenship certificate 14 Oct 2021
Recieved passport 15 Oct 2021.
I picked both from Canada Post office nearest location .

Hope this helps.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Can two people from the same household serve as a guarantor and a reference? I am thinking of putting my cousin as a guarantor and her husband as a reference. They live separately from me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can two people from the same household serve as a guarantor and a reference? I am thinking of putting my cousin as a guarantor and her husband as a reference. They live separately from me.
Yes and No.

Your cousin can be your guarantor but I don't think her husband can act as a reference because he lives in the same household. You'll have to find someone else IMO (you need 2 references). I could be wrong about the latter but it is still safe not to include family as a reference when they live in the same household.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#in-canada

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I think the distant relative reference has to live at a different address as you, so I actually think both cases would be allowed. Doesn't seem to be anything barring the guarantor's spouse from being a reference.

princecharles77

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Yes and No.

Your cousin can be your guarantor but I don't think her husband can act as a reference because he lives in the same household. You'll have to find someone else IMO (you need 2 references). I could be wrong about the latter but it is still safe not to include family as a reference when they live in the same household.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#in-canada
I think you can use both because the rules only stipulate that your reference can't live with you in the same household. It doesn't say that your reference can't live with your guarantor. But you could always call them to be certain.

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
I think you can use both because the rules only stipulate that your reference can't live with you in the same household. It doesn't say that your reference can't live with your guarantor. But you could always call them to be certain.
Hehehehe this is scary. The rules states that if your relative lives with you in the same household the relative cannot be your reference. However the rule is silent on if your reference(not relative) must not live with you in the same household. My own reference is not my relative but lives with me in the same house. So I would be worried if he cannot be my reference as I have submitted my application already

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Hehehehe this is scary. The rules states that if your relative lives with you in the same household the relative cannot be your reference. However the rule is silent on if your reference(not relative) must not live with you in the same household. My own reference is not my relative but lives with me in the same house. So I would be worried if he cannot be my reference as I have submitted my application already
I do not think there should be any problem , as one of my reference and myself had same home address.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Since it’s not a relative (like a roommate or landlord for example), you should be fine.

macy1207

Jun 8, 2021
Hi, I want to share my timeline:
Applied via Mail using Canada Post (XpressPost)

Application Sent (from Brampton):
October 20, 2021

Application Delivered (to Ottawa):
October 21, 2021

CC Charged (from Calgary):
November 1, 2021

Citizenship Certificate Received (from Calgary):
November 4, 2021

Hopefully I’ll receive my passport next week!