+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys - urgent help .. if we pay extra 110or more do they give the passport next day itself ??

Is that service available .. I did c it online but want to c if someone has done it ..
I know someone wanted to use the urgent services (extra $100), but they had a flight in exactly two days. Unless your case is similar, they will either allow express (extra $50) or normal if your flight is more than 10 business days away. If it's more than 25 business days away, they won't accept in person applications as a rule of thumb

Reactions: COOL_DUDE_CANADA

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I know someone wanted to use the urgent services (extra $100), but they had a flight in exactly two days. Unless your case is similar, they will either allow express (extra $50) or normal if your flight is more than 10 business days away. If it's more than 25 business days away, they won't accept in person applications as a rule of thumb
Ya my case I am travelling on 24th of March but after I receive my cad passport I have other procedures like visa to obtain and so I would like to get it next day if possible so I can get all the procedures done by then..

I will probably write a letter or so and try for next day let's c

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ya my case I am travelling on 24th of March but after I receive my cad passport I have other procedures like visa to obtain and so I would like to get it next day if possible so I can get all the procedures done by then..

I will probably write a letter or so and try for next day let's c
For this they may authorize express processing time. I don't think urgent processing is given in such cases

Alkoya75

Nov 24, 2020
PM
Hello everyone, i became citizen on 14th January, and I submitted a passport application on 8th feb in passport office and requested for urgent processing, on the 10th feb the day of the pick up, I was told it has to go through second verification with CIC passport entitlement.
Did anyone ever goes they something like this? Please a response will be greatly appreciated

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

Iamac

Jan 15, 2017
Hi! Just wanted to inform if someone e would look for this information. Went to service canada Whitby today, had booked an appointment prior to going. The guard turned away 2 walk in’s and asked them to book appointment if they were travelling within 25 days. I was asked for proof of travel, the process was smooth, I had 3 applications and was done in about 20 mins.

Reactions: kathychang

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Did my application in Brampton office on Monday. Barely any people. 4 applications and process took less than 30 minutes. Pick up today from Mississauga.

Reactions: kathychang

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Did anyone ever goes they something like this? Please a response will be greatly appreciated
You are the only person who knows your background well. Based on the reason you provided, it looks like Passport Program (IRCC) probably wants to do their checks to confirm that a passport can be issued to you. In extremely rare situations, a passport can be denied for a few reasons:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/security/refusal-revocation.html

I suggest you reach out of your MP. Hope it works out for you. Good luck.

kobbarinut

Feb 8, 2022
Did my application in Brampton office on Monday. Barely any people. 4 applications and process took less than 30 minutes. Pick up today from Mississauga.
Yes I agree. I had my appointment on the same day at Brampton office. In & out in about 30 mins.