+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Has anyone recently been to Toronto Passport office? 74 Victoria Street, Suite 300
What's your experience?
I have an appointment coming up, just wondering do I still need to line up?

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
Has anyone recently been to Toronto Passport office? 74 Victoria Street, Suite 300
What's your experience?
I have an appointment coming up, just wondering do I still need to line up?
Yes. Went there this Thursday for passport appointment. I can share some tips.
reach there 15 mins before the appointment - share with the security the reason for your visit and that you have an appointment. They will check off your name on a list and will ask you to head up to the 3rd floor.
There - a security person will ask for your name. Check your name off a list and ask covid related questions. Will let you through into the room and point you towards a window.
The window operator will ask for the reason of your visit - and will hand you a printed token.
Wait in the common area - and go to the window when your number flashes
The window - official will ask for all your documents.
1. Citizenship certificate
2. 2 photos (signed and blank on the back)
3. ID card (i have used DL)
4. Proof of travel (i had taken plane tickets)

they will go through the docs, scan and return your citizenship certificate and id.

they will ask if you’d like to pick up - 2 weeks from the day of appointment (after 10 business days) for 20$ more or they would mail you the passport - ( had to be signed by the receiver or your conceirge at the time of delivery- if you live in a condo) else the package will go to a nearby canada post site for you to pick up. I did not opt for in person pick up.

They ask you to pay for the passport (160 cad for 10 years)
They print 2 receipts. One with a phone number at the bottom. You can call and check with passport office after 7-8 business days if your passport has been dispatched.

all in all 10 mins at the window and 30-40 mins in and out ( depending on your wait)
Hope this helps

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
Hi, Anyone who has been to Toronto Passport office ( 74 Victoria) for in-person appointment and had opted for passports to be mailed - Can you share in how many days did you receive your passport after your appointment. Thanks

Reactions: kathychang

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
reach there 15 mins before the appointment - share with the security the reason for your visit and that you have an appointment. They will check off your name on a list and will ask you to head up to the 3rd floor.
There - a security person will ask for your name. Check your name off a list and ask covid related questions. Will let you through into the room and point you towards a window.
The window operator will ask for the reason of your visit - and will hand you a printed token.

they will go through the docs, scan and return your citizenship certificate and id.

they will ask if you’d like to pick up - 2 weeks from the day of appointment (after 10 business days) for 20$ more or they would mail you the passport - ( had to be signed by the receiver or your conceirge at the time of delivery- if you live in a condo) else the package will go to a nearby canada post site for you to pick up. I did not opt for in person pick up.

They print 2 receipts. One with a phone number at the bottom. You can call and check with passport office after 7-8 business days if your passport has been dispatched.

all in all 10 mins at the window and 30-40 mins in and out ( depending on your wait)
Hope this helps
Thank you so so so much. This is very helpful.
Would you mind me asking a few more question?

- Sorry, do you mean I need to check in 3 times? once downstair, twice on the 3rd floor
- I have an appointment confirmation email from service canada. Do I need to show security that email as well?
- I will have to pick up in-person, otherwise I won't make it to my flight. Just wondering if they told you we had to make another appointment to pick it up?

squirmish_fellow

Mar 31, 2017
Thank you so so so much. This is very helpful.
Would you mind me asking a few more question?

- Sorry, do you mean I need to check in 3 times? once downstair, twice on the 3rd floor
- I have an appointment confirmation email from service canada. Do I need to show security that email as well?
- I will have to pick up in-person, otherwise I won't make it to my flight. Just wondering if they told you we had to make another appointment to pick it up?
no problem.
1. Yes. They just ask for your name and if you have an appointment. There are 3 checkpoints. Nothing very formal - no id needed - just process wise

2. No need to show security the email. Your name will be on the list. They will highlight it. Just take the printout of your tickets though. The main passport office person (4th touchpoint) will need it

3. Not asked about this personally. But as you are paying 20$ fees for this-you wont need to book an appointment. They will notify you and you can go pick up on the day. Best to call the office if the passport is ready a few days before the pickup date. You can clarify when you are there.

Reactions: kathychang

flagpoleready

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-28-2016
Med's Request
03-28-2016
Med's Done....
06-09-2016
Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

Hope this helps
This is so helpful, thank you for sharing. How long did it take you to get the appointment from when you submitted the form? Thanks!!

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we submit the tickets along with other documents? Also, for ID and certificate do we make a copy before going for the appointment?
Thanks for your help.
The officer would take a look at the ticket then return to you.

Reactions: 116sg17

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The officer would take a look at the ticket then return to you.
But they say not to finalize any travel plans before you receive your passport. What if I paid for tickets and then I don't get the passport on time? Also, do they question the reason of travel if it's emergency or visit ... etc?

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
My guarantor made a mistake with his passport issued date , he rewritten it again. Should I make a new form and sign it again?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
My guarantor made a mistake with his passport issued date , he rewritten it again. Should I make a new form and sign it again?
I filled out my application on the computer. Considering you have all the info, just fill out the application on the computer yourself and get it signed by your guarantor. Don't give them a chance to delay your application.

Reactions: Omegabyte

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I filled out my application on the computer. Considering you have all the info, just fill out the application on the computer yourself and get it signed by your guarantor. Don't give anyone a change to delay your application.
True, I wish there was a way to save the info on the form and later you could edit them. The way things are set (at least with adobe) you can't save the info and edit them later. He/she has to type everything from scratch again now, which shouldn't be a big issue, but it's definitely an inconvenience

Reactions: 116sg17