+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I got the call very next day at around 9:30am
Thank you so much, when you put the info online to request an appointment.
Did you have to include flight information or just say travelling within 25 business days?

Once they book you an appointment, do you receive an email conformation with the date & time to show security?

Last edited:

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi, Can anyone pls tell me if I can use Indian Passport as Proof of ID for new passport application?
My mother doesn't have driver license or Ontario Photo Card and her health card is expired but it's still valid till Feb 28.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Montreal office walkin - Did an unscheduled walkin the 9th of December, paid to have it picked up on the 23rd and it was apparently printed on the 13th, so it likely would have come out as a wash for me, personally. That's interesting, however! I just didn't want to be dependent on one more variable to get the freakin' thing :D
Walk in Allowed ? do they ask for any proof ? I am planning to go to Montreal office at Guy-Favreau Complex, long back i went there for my daughter Passport, so i prefer to go there. But i am seeing on the website and in this forum people discussing about the appointment. Curious to know, if you can add little more details. Thanks in advance.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Walk in Allowed ? do they ask for any proof ? I am planning to go to Montreal office at Guy-Favreau Complex, long back i went there for my daughter Passport, so i prefer to go there. But i am seeing on the website and in this forum people discussing about the appointment. Curious to know, if you can add little more details. Thanks in advance.
Regrettably, it's all appointment only now, last time I checked - I think it changed shortly after the New Year. You can try your luck making an appointment, however - best of luck!

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hi, Can anyone pls tell me if I can use Indian Passport as Proof of ID for new passport application?
My mother doesn't have driver license or Ontario Photo Card and her health card is expired but it's still valid till Feb 28.
Yes! You can use the Indian passport as an identity as long as it has not expired.

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Also, if your mother doesn't have an identity - "They will issue a 2 years validity Canadian Passport" without any identity. In future, this can be used towards a 5 or 10 years passport.
Thank you so much!!! Really appreciate your help!!

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Also, if your mother doesn't have an identity - "They will issue a 2 years validity Canadian Passport" without any identity. In future, this can be used towards a 5 or 10 years passport.
Also, will you be able to guide me re question 7 in passport application - Addresses in past 2 years. My mother went to India for 6 months but got stuck there due to covid and came back Jan 9, 2022. Should I list Indian address or this question is only re Canadian addresses?
Thanks!

Loh12

Jun 22, 2017
I need some advice, I went to passport office but my application was not complete, so, they gave me a slip that says once your application is complete , you may return to the passport office and line up for top priority. Can I walk in and use this slip to get the priority

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I need some advice, I went to passport office but my application was not complete, so, they gave me a slip that says once your application is complete , you may return to the passport office and line up for top priority. Can I walk in and use this slip to get the priority
I mean what's the point of the slip? Yeah just go ahead without appointment

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Also, will you be able to guide me re question 7 in passport application - Addresses in past 2 years. My mother went to India for 6 months but got stuck there due to covid and came back Jan 9, 2022. Should I list Indian address or this question is only re Canadian addresses?
Thanks!

List the Canadian address with From (Date) to Present i.e. Feb 08 2020 - Feb 09, 2022
Indian Address with From (Travel Date) to Travel Date

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Are you sure ?
I remember there was instructions that you must be traveling in less than 25 business days to book in-person appointment, but I cannot find it now. However, there is still a link saying "you must provide a proof you need a passport" to book in-person appointment, and if you press the link it will show you what is considered as a proof. See here under point 4 when you select in-person option.

Reactions: bluesami