+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
When applying for canadian passport as a family (2 adults, 1 minor):
1. Must we all have the same Guarantor and references?
2. Does the Guarantor have to attest on the same passport photo that was signed by the photographer, or can he attest on the 2nd passport photo?
1. The guarantor can be different for each application if that is what you want. Each application is handled independently. It probably makes sense to have one guarantor for all applications.

2. The application form is not explicit on this, but the photographer will most likely stamp one photo with the words required. See Pro Passport Photo's website for an example.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
1. The guarantor can be different for each application if that is what you want. Each application is handled independently. It probably makes sense to have one guarantor for all applications.

2. The application form is not explicit on this, but the photographer will most likely stamp one photo with the words required. See Pro Passport Photo's website for an example.

Thanks a lot. If it stamped this way that'd be best. I was worried about a guarantor with a large handwriting not being able to manage space.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

maxkram

Apr 14, 2016
I've just checked how to apply in person and find this:

If you’re applying in person
By appointment

You must provide proof that you need the passport. New

Under the cut, you can find that it's impossible to apply in person without proof that you need to travel within 25 days.
So sad

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've just checked how to apply in person and find this:

If you’re applying in person
By appointment

You must provide proof that you need the passport. New

Under the cut, you can find that it's impossible to apply in person without proof that you need to travel within 25 days.
So sad
Vacation flight ticket can be the proof, right?

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi. Does some kind of online tracking tool exist for passport application? Like ECAS or like citizenship tracker? Thanks

con2015jan

Oct 14, 2014
Experience at Ottawa Service Canada Centre - Passport Services, 885 Meadowlands Drive East- Dec 23 2021
- in person , appointment at 1.30
-Reached on time , document verificaton in 10 mins
- Another 30 mins wait to get the process started and officer started processing app 1 by 1
- 4 Apps in total. Each took 10 mins of manual data entry .
- Total of 1hr and 10 mins and done

For kids photos, no hair bands or hair clips. Due to that I will have to show up again to deliver a new photo.
Office was super nice though ..
Kids passport delivery via Canadapost - Jan 12 2022

khilkhil

Jun 21, 2017
Hi everyone, Am not sure how/who can be my guarantor. I dont have any family here and no close friend with a Canadian passport. I do see the PPTC 132 form which needs to be filled in lieu of a guarantor. Anyone in similar situation here?

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
@con2015jan

Can you please confirm if they asked you the proof of travel when you applied in-person.

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hello, did anyone do a walkin without appointment to a service canada in GTA recently?

Last edited:

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Went to Mississauga Passport Office. I had appointment.

They only took First 3-4 page of each application form (the remaining instruction pages of the form were discarded), 2 photo, original citizenship certificate and original DL. For kid, they asked for original Birth certificate.

I had photocopies of IDs signed by gurantor, they said not needed and returned them.

All the guards and officers were polite and courteous. All the originals were returned and they only keep the photos n forms. Fee payment can be done using Credit or debit card. The passport can be picked up for $20 fee after exact 2 weeks or will be delivered via registered mail after 2 weeks for free. I was out in about 40 minutes.

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019

They only took First 3-4 page of each application form (the remaining instruction pages of the form were discarded), 2 photo, original citizenship certificate and original DL. For kid, they asked for original Birth certificate.

I had photocopies of IDs signed by gurantor, they said not needed and returned them.

All the guards and officers were polite and courteous. All the originals were returned and they only keep the photos n forms. Fee payment can be done using Credit or debit card. The passport can be picked up for $20 fee after exact 2 weeks or will be delivered via registered mail after 2 weeks for free. I was out in about 40 minutes.

How long did it take to get a callback to schedule an appointment? and were you able to get an appointment right away for the next day?
Also did you have to show proof of flight tickets to be able to apply in person?

Reactions: kathychang

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017

May I ask you how long it was to get an appointment after you submit your request on e-service?