+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I did a literal walk-in in the service center of 200 Rene Levesque West. I didn't ask for any special handling of my passport other than to pick it up in person. She said 10 business days, which, if memory serves, would be "standard" handling.

I can't attest to the dates that Service Canada gave you. I was more or less fed up with waiting, so I did as much as possible in person to cut down on waiting times as much as humanly possible.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information @chs

Reactions: chs

con2015jan

Oct 14, 2014
Experience at Ottawa Service Canada Centre - Passport Services, 885 Meadowlands Drive East
- in person , appointment at 1.30
-Reached on time , document verificaton in 10 mins
- Another 30 mins wait to get the process started and officer started processing app 1 by 1
- 4 Apps in total. Each took 10 mins of manual data entry .
- Total of 1hr and 10 mins and done

For kids photos, no hair bands or hair clips. Due to that I will have to show up again to deliver a new photo.
Office was super nice though ..

Reactions: dkumar1988

abhishekp90

Jun 30, 2021
Experience at 3085A Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 1J3
-Reached at 9:10am and there was already a big line
-No appointment. So Waited for about 2 and half hours outside (very cold - be prepared). Line was moving very very slowly (lots of SIN related application)
-Went in at around 12pm and waited for about 5 mins for the officer
-Officer took about 10 mins to check and do all the work
-left at 12:20pm

One application and i was told i will receive it by Feb 2nd 2022

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Just a brief update - I showed up at the 200 Rene Levesque West building here in Montreal at 08h45 in the morning. There were two lines - one for appointments/passport pickups and one for "ad hoc". I joined the passport pickup line and it moved pretty quickly (a quick eyeball put me a bout 20 people deep at that time.) Lines moved very fast and I got my passport within 10-15 minutes after that, so from arrival to departure was probably 30-35 mins.

Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: Stuntxd9

Unst0pable1

May 24, 2021
I was at Passport office .north york on yonge this morning. Got there before they opened and when they did, they turned back all walk-in. They said as of today, you must get an appointment except if you are travelling within the next 24hours you can do walk-in.

Please share your experience at other locations if you at one today. Considering going to kitchener office but wouldnt know if the rule there has changed. I have an out of country flight coming up less than 20 business days.

other suggestions will be appreciated too.

Reactions: kathychang

abhishekp90

Jun 30, 2021
I was at Passport office .north york on yonge this morning. Got there before they opened and when they did, they turned back all walk-in. They said as of today, you must get an appointment except if you are travelling within the next 24hours you can do walk-in.

Please share your experience at other locations if you at one today. Considering going to kitchener office but wouldnt know if the rule there has changed. I have an out of country flight coming up less than 20 business days.

other suggestions will be appreciated too.
try Service Canada at 3085A Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 1J3
i did walk-in. i was there last Thursday. Big line up though

Reactions: Unst0pable1

Unst0pable1

May 24, 2021
try Service Canada at 3085A Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 1J3
i did walk-in. i was there last Thursday. Big line up though
Thanks North York too did walkin last week ..they said its just been stopped from toward onward. so i wouldnt know if its this location alone or all locations in GTA . So in case anyone was at mississuaga today, please share experience

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Experience at 3085A Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 1J3
-Reached at 9:10am and there was already a big line
-No appointment. So Waited for about 2 and half hours outside (very cold - be prepared). Line was moving very very slowly (lots of SIN related application)
-Went in at around 12pm and waited for about 5 mins for the officer
-Officer took about 10 mins to check and do all the work
-left at 12:20pm

One application and i was told i will receive it by Feb 2nd 2022
whats the process to get in person appointment. I registered in the form and someone from call centre called me.. she told unless I show the tickets of travel, she can't book an appointment. For booking tickets, I need to get passport and then visa for India.. so, don't want to book tickets this early as things are changing dynamically. given this, whats the best option to book in-person appointment.

Reactions: kathychang

abhishekp90

Jun 30, 2021
whats the process to get in person appointment. I registered in the form and someone from call centre called me.. she told unless I show the tickets of travel, she can't book an appointment. For booking tickets, I need to get passport and then visa for India.. so, don't want to book tickets this early as things are changing dynamically. given this, whats the best option to book in-person appointment.
i did not book any appointment. Directly drove to that place

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
If someone on employment insurance. Then what should he wrote in space for employer ? Please advise.

kathychang

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I just saw some new updates on passport canada's website on Dec 23, 2021.
Wondering has anyone here been able to book an appointment without paid flight tickets or be able to walk-in in GTA since then?

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html)

it says - If you’re applying in person / By appointment
You must provide proof that you need the passport. (New)

Proof you need the passport can be
  • an airline, bus or train ticket
    • If travelling by car, a written statement explaining why you need to travel
  • a travel itinerary showing proof of payment
  • proof of illness or death in the family requiring you to travel
  • a written statement from you or a third party explaining why you need the passport
    • For example, for legal, banking or residency requirements
If we can’t deliver the passport in time to you or your child, we aren’t liable for any losses.

We recommend that you don’t finalize any travel plans until you get your passport.

Last edited:

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
There is no walk-in option? I am also waiting on my certificate and my ecas is still in process :/. I asked for urgent treatment but seems they dont care a out it in montreal :(
I do not know. I decided to go right away with scheduling one because I wanted to know when I will have my passport on hand instead of waiting indefinite time again.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I received my passport recently. We need to write our address on page #4. The thing is I live in a rented place and don't want to mess up with the passport by striking out the addresses whenever I move places.

I talked to passport Canada with the question of whether we can use pencil for the address part or not. They replied that I can use a pencil so that the address can be erased easily whenever needed. and the emergency contact is not mandatory.

I wanted to see if someone has any experience of using a pencil and then erasing it. @rajkamalmohanram any idea about it?
Thanks in advance.
You don't have to write anything on that page. The only mandatory thing that you'll have to do is sign your Canadian passport on page 3. I have travelled to 2 different countries and re-entered Canada with an empty page 4 and there were no issues.

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
address is not mandatory on passport but its good if you mentioned your address .
I have read some where they recommend to use Led pencil so you can erase and update your new address if its change.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
When applying for canadian passport as a family (2 adults, 1 minor):
1. Must we all have the same Guarantor and references?
2. Does the Guarantor have to attest on the same passport photo that was signed by the photographer, or can he attest on the 2nd passport photo?