+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

bet365

Apr 13, 2024
Hey - Hope you read my post couple of post above yours - It will be staggered - Potentially should receive before the mail date on the receipt - Try calling 800 number 10 business days after your application date to track actual status ( If they say application is approved, passport should be mailed 2-3 business days later max).
Mine has been approved for almost 2 weeks now still hasn't been mailed yet.

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Update -

Applied in person at Hamilton passport office (Queenston road) - 12 April
Mailing date as per receipt - 26 April
Canada Post tracking info generated - 22 April
In transit - 23 April

Last edited:
Reactions: Mum2Can

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
I have also submitted passport applications at Mississauga office on 12th April and estimated delivery date is 26th April.
current status: "We have received your application and are now processing it"

Is your latest status getting updated in tracker? means from processing to approved and Canada post tracking?

Update -

Applied in person at Hamilton passport office (Queenston road) - 12 April
Mailing date as per receipt - 26 April
Canada Post tracking info generated - 22 April
In transit - 23 April

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I have also submitted passport applications at Mississauga office on 12th April and estimated delivery date is 26th April.
current status: "We have received your application and are now processing it"

Is your latest status getting updated in tracker? means from processing to approved and Canada post tracking?
Yes, my status on the tracker changed yesterday.
Now it's "Your passport has been printed and mailed. We're mailing it to you by Canada Post. Your tracking number is ****."

Reactions: Mum2Can

name is taken

Dec 5, 2016
I just spent 2 hours on hold to service canada (passport line ), only to get told they can't help me and forwarded me to another line for another 30 minutes, then I hung up.
Leave this information here for me and for others
So I phoned today 3 times, 200+ line up each time, spent one hour for each phone call

1st, 8.30 AM when they open: system down cant help ya, cant check the application status for you

2nd, 11:41 AM: cant check the application status for you, lemme transfer you to another agent to help you, waited over 30 mins then I hung up > basically the same experience as smithy2024

3rd, 13:07: very nice lady and very experienced, answered me a lot of questions including why the 2nd guy cant help me.
So basically the reason is the agent was not trained for this type of application (my reference number begins with 3000, and I applied for new passport. I assume the reference number for all new passport applications begins with 3000), so the agent doesn't have required software/tools to check your applications (imagine you waited for hours only to get connected to an agent that was not qualified to help you because they are not trained for this type of application and you have to hang up then back to the line:rolleyes:)

Reactions: smithy2024

name is taken

Dec 5, 2016
Timeline:
Apr 2nd: applied in person at a passport office, got acknowledgement of application slip, estimated delivery date: Apr 16th
Apr 16th: checked status online: received and processing, phoned, the agent suggested I check next week this time
Apr 23rd: checked online, same message, phoned 3 times, only the 3rd agent able to help me.

Status of my application: untouched
On 16th, the agent emailed the passport office and notified them that my application was overdue, but no response from them
per agent, there were a lot of new applications in the past 3 months, and I don't need to travel recently so maybe they worked on those urgent applications first and mine hasn't started yet

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
Timeline:
Apr 2nd: applied in person at a passport office, got acknowledgement of application slip, estimated delivery date: Apr 16th
Apr 16th: checked status online: received and processing, phoned, the agent suggested I check next week this time
Apr 23rd: checked online, same message, phoned 3 times, only the 3rd agent able to help me.

Status of my application: untouched
On 16th, the agent emailed the passport office and notified them that my application was overdue, but no response from them
per agent, there were a lot of new applications in the past 3 months, and I don't need to travel recently so maybe they worked on those urgent applications first and mine hasn't started yet
I was the same as you. I agree with the file 3000 being a certain level (because they said that to me too, saying I'd have to wait on hold for another agent who was qualified to look into my application)

In total I had to wait around 6 weeks for my passport. My application status did not change at all until the day it was mailed. Even then my passport was printed over 3 weeks before it was mailed out, so maybe there is a slight delay in mailing out right now.

shaz000

Dec 17, 2018
Hello.. I am applying for my first Canadian passport - I am trying to fill in the form but it wont allow me a space between Given Names.. is there an issue? thank you.

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
UPDATE on family of 4 (2 adult + 2 Kids) passport applications:
12-Apr-2024 : Passport Application submitted at Mississauga Passport office (~3 hrs waiting)
23-Apr-2024 : Called cust care, corrected reference no. (It was mentioned as M1xxxxx on receipt but it was MIxxxxx - MI for Mississauga) and status updated as “We have received your application and are now processing it”
24-Apr-2024 : Your passport has been printed and mailed. We're mailing it to you by Canada Post, Your tracking number is LPxxxxx (All 4 applications has same status with different Canada Post tracking no.)
24-Apr-2024 : As per Canada Post Tracking - Package processed at Mississauga
24-Apr-2024 : As per Canada Post Tracking - Package in Transit

Reactions: fallcolours

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
I was the same as you. I agree with the file 3000 being a certain level (because they said that to me too, saying I'd have to wait on hold for another agent who was qualified to look into my application)

In total I had to wait around 6 weeks for my passport. My application status did not change at all until the day it was mailed. Even then my passport was printed over 3 weeks before it was mailed out, so maybe there is a slight delay in mailing out right now.
Kinda same happening with me, applied on 5th of April at North York Passport Office, mailing date was 19th April, have called couple times and they said it’s approved and will be shipped soon, but don’t know when.

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Final UPDATE on family of 4 (2 adult + 2 Kids) passport applications:

12-Apr-2024 : Passport Application submitted at Mississauga Passport office (~3 hrs waiting)
23-Apr-2024 : Called cust care, corrected reference no. (It was mentioned as M1xxxxx on receipt but it was MIxxxxx - MI for Mississauga) and status updated as “We have received your application and are now processing it”
24-Apr-2024 : Your passport has been printed and mailed. We're mailing it to you by Canada Post, Your tracking number is LPxxxxx (All 4 applications has same status with different Canada Post tracking no.)
25-Apr-2024 : As per Canada Post Tracking - Package out for delivery
25-Apr-2024 : As per Canada Post Tracking - Delivered (Personally collected as soon as Canada Post vehicle came out nearby post box)

Received passport within 2 weeks SLA :cool: .. Now will move into surrender thread :D

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Final UPDATE on family of 4 (2 adult + 2 Kids) passport applications:

25-Apr-2024 : As per Canada Post Tracking - Package out for delivery
25-Apr-2024 : As per Canada Post Tracking - Delivered (Personally collected as soon as Canada Post vehicle came out nearby post box)

Received passport within 2 weeks SLA :cool: .. Now will move into surrender thread :D
Congrats! Meet you in the surrender thread :)