+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Canada Post guy did not even knock, just pasted a collection notice.

Now I will get my passport tomorrow as I have to pick it up then.
Same happened to me. The CP folks seem to be able to tell just by looking at the envelope that it's a passport, which seems to go straight to pick-up from PO. When I went, with one look at the envelope, the employee immediately remarked that they must have had hundreds of people pick up their passports in the past few weeks. Sounded like to me that they never do door delivery for passports (at least my neighbourhood PO).

• Haha
Reactions: adstarscream732

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Are we getting new passport design in recently submitted applications (like in March-April 2024)?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Same happened to me. The CP folks seem to be able to tell just by looking at the envelope that it's a passport, which seems to go straight to pick-up from PO. When I went, with one look at the envelope, the employee immediately remarked that they must have had hundreds of people pick up their passports in the past few weeks. Sounded like to me that they never do door delivery for passports (at least my neighbourhood PO).
Welll, I picked it up yesterday.

So basically applying at a designated Passport Office gets you the passport within 2 weeks.
Applied inperson on 3rd April, received on 15th April.

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Right! my receipt said it was supposed to be here on April 12... so only 3 days behind but still
They are very inefficient, just doing as they please. If you could call and confirm that they are still processing it, you do have a case for partial refund. If already handed to the courier company, they will claim they met their service standard. You applied a day after me and should have received it by now.
In my case, they gave it to courier a day after the mail out date.

Another reason to stay away from Service Canada and rather apply at the passport office.

Reactions: smithy2024

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
Shows in processing -
We have received your application and are now processing it

https://etatpasseport-passportstatus.service.canada.ca/en/status
According to IRCC, give it 5 - 10 business days to update.

Scenario 1: It may never update until your passport is mailed out.
Scenario 2: It may never update even after you receive your passport.
Scenario 3: You will never know the update until you call them over the phone.

Your application is too early to be worried about, judging you applied last Thursday, except you did an express one

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
They are very inefficient, just doing as they please. If you could call and confirm that they are still processing it, you do have a case for partial refund. If already handed to the courier company, they will claim they met their service standard. You applied a day after me and should have received it by now.
In my case, they gave it to courier a day after the mail out date.

Another reason to stay away from Service Canada and rather apply at the passport office.
I got an update this morning on the tracker, it has been printed & shipped. So I reckon by Friday I should have it (fingers crossed) lol

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017

So basically applying at a designated Passport Office gets you the passport within 2 weeks.
Congrats, that's quick! From your previous posts, I understand that you'd appied at the Hamilton Mountain office. I'd applied at the office on Queenston road. They're both designated passport offices, so not sure if one is faster/better than the other?

Reactions: adstarscream732

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Are we getting new passport design in recently submitted applications (like in March-April 2024)?
I got the new design (much preferred)! I think it depends on where the passport gets printed. Mail-out passports are printed in either Mississauga or Gatineau. Express/urgent gets printed on site at a passport office. At least that's my understanding from reading posts posted by a Passport Officer at r/passportcanada. I'd think by now they should probably mostly be dishing out the new design.

bet365

Apr 13, 2024

When was your mailing date on receipt. I applied same date. Mine hasn't printed yet.

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Does your passport as per new design?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Congrats, that's quick! From your previous posts, I understand that you'd appied at the Hamilton Mountain office. I'd applied at the office on Queenston road. They're both designated passport offices, so not sure if one is faster/better than the other?
I only went to Hamilton Mountain as Queenston doesn't do urgent pick up service, otherwise they are the same.

Reactions: fallcolours