+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I applied at barrie service Canada they offer 10 business day service. When I call them they say its already approved since last week but not printed or mailed yet and mailing date on receipt is April 17 though.
Well, Barrie Service Canada is not a Passport Office - so the mail time can take between 10 to 20 days. However, it does say that if you want to pick up in 10 days you need to pay $20 additional. Did you do that? (Barrie)

I applied at Hamilton Mountain Passport Office which has 10 days mail out (being a passport office it is faster service).

bet365

Apr 13, 2024
Well, Barrie Service Canada is not a Passport Office - so the mail time can take between 10 to 20 days. However, it does say that if you want to pick up in 10 days you need to pay $20 additional. Did you do that? (Barrie)

I applied at Hamilton Mountain Passport Office which has 10 days mail out (being a passport office it is faster service).
they do offer 10 day mailout service.

Reactions: adstarscream732

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
I applied for the passport on the 5th of April at the North York Passport Office and the online status has been the same ever since, I tried calling today and got connected to an agent who initially said my application was approved but then said he didn't have access to the application starting with a particular series of reference numbers (which includes mine), and transferred me to uncharted territory where I waited for an hour and then eventually got hung up. Did anyone experience the same?

• Wow
Reactions: adstarscream732

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Reached out to 800 number, agent let us know that passport is approved for both me n my kid and expected to be sent out for mailing shortly - Asked us to track it on website. Hoping we get it next week.
Finally received all passport: Here is the timeline:

Passport in person (@Service Canada Markham) - 19-Mar-24
Spouse Passport printed/ received - 28-Mar/ 4-Apr
Kid Passport printed/ received - 13-Apr/17-Apr
My passport printed/ received - 16-Apr/17-Apr

Mail-in date on receipt - 18-Apr: Within SLA :)

Regards,
Arun

Reactions: fallcolours

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Submitted passport at Brampton passport service today.

Line up : 8 AM
In office: 8.35 AM
No of application: 02 ( myself and spouse)
Out of office: 10AM.

In an average, keep 2 hours of time in your hand.

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
Applied passport at Richmond HIll, ON , Service Canada on 12th April 2024
No of application: 03 ( myself,spouse and Kid)

It was told 10 May 2024, it will be available to send mail to me.

Its normal 20 day processing time I applied. Has anyone applied like that, got earlier before the mentioned day?

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Did someone get any update today on the tracker? I applied on April 5th and was supposed to ship today but no update on the tracker. I called a couple days ago and was told it's approved.

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Applied passport at Richmond HIll, ON , Service Canada on 12th April 2024
No of application: 03 ( myself,spouse and Kid)

It was told 10 May 2024, it will be available to send mail to me.

Its normal 20 day processing time I applied. Has anyone applied like that, got earlier before the mentioned day?
Hey - Hope you read my post couple of post above yours - It will be staggered - Potentially should receive before the mail date on the receipt - Try calling 800 number 10 business days after your application date to track actual status ( If they say application is approved, passport should be mailed 2-3 business days later max).