+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hi friends, so my time to apply for Canadian citizenship is coming near. Was hoping to apply as soon as I become eligible, but I also have some international travel plans coming up some time around 1.5 years from now, and cannot afford the citizenship process to get in the way as it will be very time sensitive.

So my question is: What has the processing time been lately for citizenship applications? IRCC has a processing time listed on their website, but I trust this group more for real time information. :)

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hi friends, so my time to apply for Canadian citizenship is coming near. Was hoping to apply as soon as I become eligible, but I also have some international travel plans coming up some time around 1.5 years from now, and cannot afford the citizenship process to get in the way as it will be very time sensitive.

So my question is: What has the processing time been lately for citizenship applications? IRCC has a processing time listed on their website, but I trust this group more for real time information. :)
lol few lucky people have gotten it completely in under 3 months. but you have people waiting from 2022 and early last year still waiting... it varies. no precise answer. but on average seems like 7 months to a year. but once you get an oath date you should be prepared to spend money to come back to canada unless you don't mind waiting another 5 months or more waiting for it it be rescheduled and they will only start the process of giving you a new date once you show proof you are back in canada.

• Wow
Reactions: sonusweetie

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for my passport at 74 Victoria Street , Toronto on Feb 26 2024 and was given 11 March 2024 for passport mail-out and today is almost end of 13th March 2024 its over 2 days after the mail-out date. Even the online status has not updated since beginning its says we are processing your application. Still waiting for my passport. I called client support as well they said the application is approved but the passport has not been mailed out yet.
Can anyone share their timeline if they applied at 74 Victoria Street , Toronto?
Did you eventually get your passport?

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
Hi, I tried to fill the PPTC153 form(Adult passport application form) online. After i fill and save the form, then i try to open the form, its asking password to open. But i never set the password. its automatically setting the password. does anyone face this issue? any help will be really helpful.. Thank you

nexope

Jun 29, 2017
Timelines
09/Feb/2024: applied In person at Milton Service Canada
12/Feb/2024: Passport application Status tracker updated to “We have received your application and are now processing it”
28/Feb/2024: No Change in Status
29/Feb/2024: Called Helpline and agent confirmed application still in review and is under 20 Business days.
Hey,

Did you receive your passport? I also applied in Milton but on Feb 21 and today is 20th business day. No change in status.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Office - Whitby Ontario
Applied In person- 13 March
Service: Express
Pickup Date: 20 March
Pickup location: Scarborough
Status Updated: 14 March (Your application is approved. Your passport will be available for pick-up on the date indicated on your receipt.
Passport collected: 20 March

Whitby - Went in at 12:30 and out by 1:15pm
Scarborough- Went in at 1pm and Pickup took 15 mins

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Finally got the tracking information and it was mailed out today but the passport tracker still shows "We are processing your application"

samwinthegame

Mar 21, 2024
Finally got the tracking information and it was mailed out today but the passport tracker still shows "We are processing your application"
Hi, Congrats. Is it possible to know that does the printed and mailout details from passport tracker has one day delay after it is being actrually mail-out date? Thank you.

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Office -Edmonton, Alberta
Applied In person- 13March
Service:Regular (10 day processing centre)
Delivered: March 22nd

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi all,

Just saw the information on the passport tracker as "Your application is approved". Does that mean it's been printed? Or there will be a following up status saying it's printed? Thanks.

Your application is approved. Your passport will be available for pick-up on the date indicated on your receipt.

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
Hi All, I applied for my passport in person at service Canada on March 19th 2024. I just got the one slip. Can anyone please help me where i can see the status.. any link? and where can i find any reference number etc to find my application on tracker etc.