+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
Does anybody have a timeline for standard processing 20 days?

I sent our application off on March 5th (not quite 20 business days yet) but are passports processing on time or a little bit past?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for the reply. I couldn't find my request here.. after how many days of applying this tracker shows information?
status of your application is available after:

• 5 business days if you applied in person or
  • 10 business days if you applied by mail
We update the status of applications daily.

Reactions: Zay11

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi everybody, I just picked up my passport and wanted to share my timeline:

Applied in person: March 15, 2024
Office: Passport Canada, Downtown Montreal (Complexe Guy-Favreau)
Service: Regular, 10 business day
Scheduled pick up date: April 2, 2024
Application status changed to Approved - March 20, 2024
Actual pick up date: March 28, 2024

To apply I just walked-in and waited in line for 1h45 mins (exactly the time that was listed on the website as current waiting time).

So, I went to the Passport Canada office today, which is only 1 business day before the scheduled pick up date, to just try my luck (I will probably use the passport during this long weekend) and got the passport without any issues/questions. Don't know when exactly was it printed though (Date of issue in the passport states March 19). The line for pick up was quite long, but quick (20-25 minutes, I guess). That's probably because people are trying to receive their passports before the long weekend, because the first I was there, there were no people in the pick up line at all. And the officer who was taking care of my application told me there was no wait for pick up usually.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbaleine

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi everybody, I just picked up my passport and wanted to share my timeline:

Applied in person: March 15, 2024
Office: Passport Canada, Downtown Montreal (Complexe Guy-Favreau)
Service: Regular, 10 business day
Scheduled pick up date: April 2, 2024
Application status changed to Approved - March 20, 2024
Actual pick up date: March 28, 2024

So, I went to the Passport Canada office today, which is only 1 business day before the scheduled pick up date, to just try my luck (I will probably use the passport during this long weekend) and got the passport without any issues/questions. Don't know when exactly was it printed though (Date of issue in the passport states March 19).
Thanks for sharing. Just to confirm, there is no more update in the status after it changes to "Your application is approved", no "Your passport is printed" as mentioned by the others? Mine is also given a standard pickup time but the status was ready shown as "approved" in 2 biz days. Not sure if I should try my luck. Thanks again.

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Thanks for sharing. Just to confirm, there is no more update in the status after it changes to "Your application is approved", no "Your passport is printed" as mentioned by the others? Mine is also given a standard pickup time but the status was ready shown as "approved" in 2 biz days. Not sure if I should try my luck. Thanks again.

Yes, the status remained the same (Approved... will be available for pick-up on the date indicated on your receipt). I was trying to figure out whether it would eventually change to Printed or not, but couldn't find any info/reports on that. My guess is that only mail-out applications get that status, but I may be wrong.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Yes, the status remained the same (Approved... will be available for pick-up on the date indicated on your receipt). I was trying to figure out whether it would eventually change to Printed or not, but couldn't find any info/reports on that. My guess is that only mail-out applications get that status, but I may be wrong.
Thanks. I'll try next week to see if can pick up.

Rsbh93

Jun 18, 2021
Applied in person at the North York office at Sheppard Yonge on 13th March 2024.
Expected Mail-out date: 26th March 2024
No call to references/guarantor. No updates on the application status and it's the 29th of March.

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Applied in person at the North York office at Sheppard Yonge on 13th March 2024.
Expected Mail-out date: 26th March 2024
No call to references/guarantor. No updates on the application status and it's the 29th of March.
All same here except we applied in person at the 74 Victoria Street Passport Office, supposed to be mailed 2 days ago, online status says we're processing only for last two days, before it was we are not able to give you updates or something like that

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Couple quick questions -
1. What time should I go to Hamilton Mountain Passport Office? We have an appointment at 1 PM.
2. Can I submit an application on behalf of my partner?

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Couple quick questions -
1. What time should I go to Hamilton Mountain Passport Office? We have an appointment at 1 PM.
2. Can I submit an application on behalf of my partner?
Try to reach around the time of appointment- I was in service Canada office the other day n the agent asked folks to wait for call until the dedicated appointment time, even though they were ahead of time!

Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Try to reach around the time of appointment- I was in service Canada office the other day n the agent asked folks to wait for call until the dedicated appointment time, even though they were ahead of time!
Oh interesting... I thought the wait time counts for the appointments too?

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Hello Friends,
Congrats who are on the way to get their Canadian passport.

We are in also queue to submit passport application, but have some questions:
1. Indian passport place of birth (POB) mentioned as "Village Name, District Name, State Name" so in Canadian Passport application what should go on "place of birth" (for Country field it will be: India and State will be blank, as it is mainly for US and Canada states)
2, US passport (for kids) place of bither (POB) mentioned as "State Name, USA" so in Canadian Passport application what should go on "place of birth" (for Country field it will be: USA and State: NY)
3. How the place of birth get printed on passport - based on "Place of Birth" + "Country" + "State" or only "Place of Birth" mention on passport application?

@Suryarao611 , @pumpkin_latte , @desmat , @armoured , @Temitee002
Expert member please provide your input.

Last edited: