+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi guys, I'm planning on applying in person at the Passport Office in Hamilton (Queenston road branch).
Since I don't have an appointment, typically how early do I have to be in line?
The office opens at 8:30 AM, will getting there an hour before suffice?

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Does anyone know if the GTAH passport offices are issuing passports with the new design (esp. Hamilton or Whitby)? I know the website says all should be issuing the new design "starting Spring 2024", but given that it's currently still a tad bit early to call it spring just yet, was hoping to find out (I'd much prefer the new design).

Ap10

May 11, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for my passport at 74 Victoria Street , Toronto on Feb 26 2024 and was given 11 March 2024 for passport mail-out and today is almost end of 13th March 2024 its over 2 days after the mail-out date. Even the online status has not updated since beginning its says we are processing your application. Still waiting for my passport. I called client support as well they said the application is approved but the passport has not been mailed out yet.
Can anyone share their timeline if they applied at 74 Victoria Street , Toronto?

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
Hello,
I have a question, in the information page of the passport under type section, it's mentioned "PP" what does it mean ? I have seen old passport where it's mentioned only one "P" this new passport it's mentioned "PP", just curious why the put "PP". Thank you.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,
I have a question, in the information page of the passport under type section, it's mentioned "PP" what does it mean ? I have seen old passport where it's mentioned only one "P" this new passport it's mentioned "PP", just curious why the put "PP". Thank you.
PP- Pass Port .

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Hi guys, I'm planning on applying in person at the Passport Office in Hamilton (Queenston road branch).
Since I don't have an appointment, typically how early do I have to be in line?
The office opens at 8:30 AM, will getting there an hour before suffice?
Based on what I've experienced - not in the same location, though - I'd recommend aiming for 7:30 am. It seems like around 80% of folks tend to roll in between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. So, I thought I was being super early bird, I was the first one there, though, but a whole bunch of people started showing up. By 8:00 am, there were like 60 people behind me! So, getting there at 7:30 am doesn't seem as early as you'd think. Within just five minutes of me arriving, about ten more people joined the line!

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Based on what I've experienced - not in the same location, though - I'd recommend aiming for 7:30 am. It seems like around 80% of folks tend to roll in between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. So, I thought I was being super early bird, I was the first one there, though, but a whole bunch of people started showing up. By 8:00 am, there were like 60 people behind me! So, getting there at 7:30 am doesn't seem as early as you'd think. Within just five minutes of me arriving, about ten more people joined the line!
What about people who have appointments, do they also join the line?

P.S. - sorry this may be a stupid question.

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
What about people who have appointments, do they also join the line?

P.S. - sorry this may be a stupid question.
Simply let the staff know a few minutes before 8:30, and they'll gladly let you in – just like a gentleman did before I entered the building. Alternatively, if you're lucky, there might be staff available to answer questions while you wait. Unfortunately, the place I was at didn't offer that service since the line was outside and the weather was too cold!
P.S. I have a master's at asking stupid questions. aka MASQ

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: adstarscream732

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Simply let the staff know a few minutes before 8:30, and they'll gladly let you in – just like a gentleman did before I entered the building. Alternatively, if you're lucky, there might be staff available to answer questions while you wait. Unfortunately, the place I was at didn't offer that service since the line was outside and the weather was too cold!
P.S. I have a master's at asking stupid questions. aka MASQ
Thanks for that!

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Thanks @Manny2 , sounds like good advice

Reactions: Manny2

vp2019

Jul 15, 2019
Hello Eeveryone

I applied on Feb 13 at the North York office (Toronto), they told me that my passport will be ready in 10 days and it is going to be mailed out to my address on Feb 27; however, I still have not received my passport and the status is still we are processing...
I called them and they told me my application is approved but not printed out. I do not know what to do. I do not have any estimation date and not sure until when I should wait :(
Anyone had similar experience?
Hey, how long was the line up at the north york office? Did you wait before the office opened?

Udddy

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Will i get the status updated on tracker first or passport first ? already 10 business days
mine is supposed to be mailed out today but status is still showing that we are processing. I called yesterday and was told that it was approved but not yet printed.