+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi..I am planning to go to Kitchener ON Passport office today to submit passport applications for myself, my wife and my 8 year old son…Anyone who has applied in the same office; could you please confirm if my wife and 8 year old need to accompany me or can I apply on there behalf?
I can't speak to that particular office, but IN GENERAL - since applications can be submitted by mail - there is no particular difficulty involved nor obstacle to submitting an application without the applicant present.

Reactions: desmat

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi..I am planning to go to Kitchener ON Passport office today to submit passport applications for myself, my wife and my 8 year old son…Anyone who has applied in the same office; could you please confirm if my wife and 8 year old need to accompany me or can I apply on there behalf?
If you're applying for urgent or express processing your WIFE must be present while applying in person. Don't know about the kid. But if it's regular application then you can apply on behalf of your wife, however keep an authorization letter (signed by your wife) handy just in case they need it. There is no set form as such but a template can be found easily on Google, or you can just make your own.

I hope this helps.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Quick question: If you submitted 2 applications together(1adult, 1 minor), Do they process them together or one after Another?
The adult's application status is changed from processing to printed and mailed but minor shows still in processing. Does anyone know if they sent the passport together, I believe they do, as both were in printing a couple of days ago.

IslandgirlSR

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi everyone. Can any experts provide me with some help. I know the guarantor has to be a citizen. But Do the references for my Canadian passport application have to be citizens? Or can it be anyone with PR or other status in Canada ? Thanks in advance

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone. Can any experts provide me with some help. I know the guarantor has to be a citizen. But Do the references for my Canadian passport application have to be citizens? Or can it be anyone with PR or other status in Canada ? Thanks in advance
There is no such requirement. The only requirement is that they shouldn't be related to you and should have known you for 2yrs att he very least.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Reactions: IslandgirlSR

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I did in-person at Kitchener. Do you have travel plans? If not, I recommend mailing it in. If you go walk-in, you will be waiting for a couple of hours at least. It was quite busy when I went. Thankfully, I had an appointment, so no waiting for me.

You can check waiting times here: https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-dsp.jsp?rc=3010&lang=eng
If mailing it then what is the difference between these two address.. non-courier and courier? Which one to use for what?

Mailing address (non-courier)
Government of Canada
Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3

Courier address
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 De Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
If mailing it then what is the difference between these two address.. non-courier and courier? Which one to use for what?

Mailing address (non-courier)
Government of Canada
Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3

Courier address
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 De Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
Courier address involves courier service like UPS, DHL, Fedex that will drop/handover your document in person, while Mailing address works same as the one you have at home. That Go to your mailbox. Simply Drop off on mailbox vis a viz in person delivery...

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Courier address involves courier service like UPS, DHL, Fedex that will drop/handover your document in person, while Mailing address works same as the one you have at home. That Go to your mailbox. Simply Drop off on mailbox vis a viz in person delivery...
So non-courier means shipping will be canada post only?

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Finally received my passport today. Thank you everyone for your help. This forum is really helpful in order to get a quick response in real-time. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all.